Lincoln Financial 401k

DRDuttry
DRDuttry Member
edited July 2022 in Investing (Mac)
Hi,

My wife has a 401k through Lincoln Financial Group. I was able to add the account under investments --> 401(k) through direct connect, however, it is showing the account balance as $0 and not downloading any of the investments (it has been like this since i tried setting it up). Any advice on how to resolve this issue? I am using Quicken Mac 6.7.0 on MacOs 12.4.0.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    DRDuttry said:
    Hi,

My wife has a 401k through Lincoln Financial Group. I was able to add the account under investments --> 401(k) through direct connect, however, it is showing the account balance as $0 and not downloading any of the investments (it has been like this since i tried setting it up). Any advice on how to resolve this issue? I am using Quicken Mac 6.7.0 on MacOs 12.4.0.
    Hello @DRDuttry,   

I am sorry to hear about these problems with account connections. Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community about these difficulties. 

First, save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open. Next, navigate to File > New... in the same upper menu mentioned previously. Select Start from scratch in the window that appears, and then click Next. Choose the proper default categories based upon your geographic location, then select Don't use Quicken Mobile or Web and click Next. Add only your Lincoln Financial Group account(s) in the window that follows using your standard credentials as prompted. Are you experiencing the same issues in this 'test' data file?

I look forward to hearing about your results.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

• switched_on
    switched_on Member
    Hello - Having the same issue. I went through the trouble shooting as suggested, and still no success in getting the actual balance of my 401k to show in Quicken. Any other suggestions?

I am running Quicken Version 6.7.0 (Build 607.44072.100) and MacOS 12.3.1

Thank you!
  • Quicken Jared
    Hello - Having the same issue. I went through the trouble shooting as suggested, and still no success in getting the actual balance of my 401k to show in Quicken. Any other suggestions?

I am running Quicken Version 6.7.0 (Build 607.44072.100) and MacOS 12.3.1

Thank you!
    Hello @switched_on,    

I am sorry to hear that it appears you are being affected by this issue, as well. Thank you for seeking additional information here in this Quicken Community Discussion.

Before I offer any additional recommendations, I do have one other question: what connection method are you using to link your 401k account? You can check this by going to Tools > Add Account in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Next, click the Edit button in the row associated with your 401k account, and then navigate to the Online Services tab. The information about your connection method will be found in the Online Setup callout box, provided that the account is activated for online banking services. 

I look forward to hearing your reply. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • RGerboth
    RGerboth Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue: Account appears to be connected successfully, but showing $0 balance and no transactions.

Quicken Version 6.7.1 (Build 607.44146.100)
    macOS: 12.3.1
    Connection Method: Quicken Connect
  • Quicken Jared
    RGerboth said:
    I am having the same issue: Account appears to be connected successfully, but showing $0 balance and no transactions.

Quicken Version 6.7.1 (Build 607.44146.100)
    macOS: 12.3.1
    Connection Method: Quicken Connect
    Hello @RGerboth,    

I am sorry that you seem to be affected by this issue, as well. Thank you for looking to this Quicken Community Discussion for further assistance.

Are you currently making use of any antivirus software, pop-up blockers, firewalls, or Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)? Occasionally, these can cause connectivity issues of the kind that prevent transactions from downloading properly. 

Also, be sure to check your filter settings in your register, if possible. If you notice a green Reset button above the register in one of the affected accounts, click on this to clear any filters that may be active. 

I look forward to hearing back from you about this, and I hope to continue working with you on this problem, if necessary.  

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.