How to fix one step update of online accounts

Jake1
Jake1 Member
One step update of online summary of accounts is being deleted when Quicken is closed. When restarted, One step update has none of my previously activated accounts listed. It takes several hours to reestablish the downloads only to have the links deleted when Quicken is closed. This defeats one of the most important features of Quicken. This has been happening over the last few months. This problem must be happening to a lot of subscribers. This is very time consuming and I am seeing errors between the online accounts and Quicken in the relinking of the online accounts. Attempting to determine the cause is destressing.

Best Answer

• Jake1
    Jake1 Member
    Answer ✓
    I verified the existing file and there were numerous errors that created by re-downloading the various account transaction from history into the files. The file had several years of transactions in various accounts. The credit unions changed account information on some of the accounts over time that were not updated in Quicken. Quicken entered some transactions in wrong accounts creating a lot of errors. Too much to sift through and figure out what accounts in history were mismanaged. Transfers from checking accounts sometimes went to the wrong accounts in Quicken. I decided to open a new file and start over new. everything today is working o.k. I thank you for your help.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Jake1 said:
    One step update of online summary of accounts is being deleted when Quicken is closed. When restarted, One step update has none of my previously activated accounts listed. It takes several hours to reestablish the downloads only to have the links deleted when Quicken is closed. This defeats one of the most important features of Quicken. This has been happening over the last few months. This problem must be happening to a lot of subscribers. This is very time consuming and I am seeing errors between the online accounts and Quicken in the relinking of the online accounts. Attempting to determine the cause is destressing.
    Hello @Jake1

I am sorry to hear about these difficulties with One Step Update and missing information after reopening the application. Thank you for communicating with us about this matter here on the Quicken Community.

What steps are you taking to open the program whenever you use Quicken? Also, where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by going to File > Show this file on my computer... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Make sure that the data file is saved locally to your computer, and not to an external drive or cloud-based storage service, as this can cause erratic program behavior and even data damage.

If the data file is being stored on your computer, I recommend saving a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu mentioned previously, then run through the steps provided below, in order:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    I look forward to hearing more from you about this issue. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Jake1
    Jake1 Member
    Thank you. I will be able to apply your suggestions as I work on the Quicken problem later today. I have been using Quicken for several years. The current problem just started a few months ago. I always save a copy and a backup to my desktop and also to a external drive. It does not matter which file I use the problem is always the same.
  • Jake1
    Jake1 Member
    Answer ✓
    I verified the existing file and there were numerous errors that created by re-downloading the various account transaction from history into the files. The file had several years of transactions in various accounts. The credit unions changed account information on some of the accounts over time that were not updated in Quicken. Quicken entered some transactions in wrong accounts creating a lot of errors. Too much to sift through and figure out what accounts in history were mismanaged. Transfers from checking accounts sometimes went to the wrong accounts in Quicken. I decided to open a new file and start over new. everything today is working o.k. I thank you for your help.
This discussion has been closed.