Trying to import Downloaded Transactions

KenWynne
KenWynne Member ✭✭
This morning I went to bank and downloaded transactions. Clicked on file as I always do and I get message

There are Quicken Components currently open, and can not be uninstalled. Please close Quicken and try uninstalling again.

I am not trying to uninstall anything. I'm import transactions from a downloaded file.
Canadian user. R33.7 Build 27.1.337. Windows 10 V21H2 fully patched. Quicken Deluxe

Closed quicken and restarted, same. Restarted system, not a shutdown, a restart. Same results.

I can run onestep update and it does update my stock quotes.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    KenWynne said:
    This morning I went to bank and downloaded transactions. Clicked on file as I always do and I get message

There are Quicken Components currently open, and can not be uninstalled. Please close Quicken and try uninstalling again.

I am not trying to uninstall anything. I'm import transactions from a downloaded file.
    Canadian user. R33.7 Build 27.1.337. Windows 10 V21H2 fully patched. Quicken Deluxe

Closed quicken and restarted, same. Restarted system, not a shutdown, a restart. Same results.

I can run onestep update and it does update my stock quotes.
    Hello @KenWynne

I am sorry to hear about this issue with transaction downloads, and this error message preventing file importing.

When you navigate to Help > Check for Updates, are you seeing indication of available updates ready for installation? Also, where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by going to File > Show this file on my computer... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Lastly, is there any reason why the software cannot be uninstalled and reinstalled?

I look forward to your reply.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • KenWynne
    KenWynne Member ✭✭
    Thanks. No there were no updates available, I had checked that. I called support and was able to import file by clicking through menu. That is File, file import, web connect. So agent said Quicken was running okay. So it seems file association was broken that prevented me from simply clicking on downloaded file and having it import. We reinstalled Quicken, first removing old. Once re-installed the file association was repaired and again I could download file, click on it and have it import. No need to click through menus.
This discussion has been closed.