Who is lappyapp.com?

my paypal accounts have been renamed by quicken to ZZZ PayPal Old and are being redirected to a site called "lappyapp.com" in order to download my transactions into quicken, however, it fails. Something out of my control has occurred. When I go to lappyapp.com com, it shows as a page for sale, not my financial institution. What the heck is happening???

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Chench53
    Chench53 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Hello, I'm seeing same problem. I looked at that link about the paypal changes, but still puzzled because it doesn't mention Lappyapp at all. Are we supposed to trust it and submit our credentials to lappyapp?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chench53 said:
    Hello, I'm seeing same problem. I looked at that link about the paypal changes, but still puzzled because it doesn't mention Lappyapp at all. Are we supposed to trust it and submit our credentials to lappyapp?
    As far as I understand this, you are NOT supposed to try and connect to "ZZZ PayPal ... OLD" any longer. Instead, follow the instructions to reconnect all your PayPal accounts to the new PayPal sites, as shown in the document link above.

• Chench53
    Chench53 Member ✭✭
    I was concerned adding again would make a new account, but I had the option to link to existing, so it all worked out. Thank you.
  • africabushpilot
    africabushpilot Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Yep, saw the same, AFTER I had already reauthorized. Quicken attempted to validate there, hopefully this wasn't a spoof setup to steal my login info ...
This discussion has been closed.