One particular brokerage account out of sync

bdmcleod
bdmcleod Member
hello. One of my fidelity brokerage accounts is messed up. It's still downloading new transactions, but it's out-of-sync with what fidelity.com tells me. I disconnected it and imported the account as a new account and it looks right, but i hate to lose the history on the old account. I tried to massage the old account to match the opening date of the new account but "Remove shares" seems to not take affect on the old account. It seems highly screwy. Any way to do a hard refresh on this account to make it line up with reality?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    bdmcleod said:
    hello. One of my fidelity brokerage accounts is messed up. It's still downloading new transactions, but it's out-of-sync with what fidelity.com tells me. I disconnected it and imported the account as a new account and it looks right, but i hate to lose the history on the old account. I tried to massage the old account to match the opening date of the new account but "Remove shares" seems to not take affect on the old account. It seems highly screwy. Any way to do a hard refresh on this account to make it line up with reality?
    Hello @bdmcleod

I am sorry for any frustration this issue with your brokerage has caused you. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community.

Are there currently transactions pending on your financial institution's online banking history? If so, these could possibly account for discrepancies, as Quicken will not post transactions that are currently in pending. Of course, if the differences are too large to be accounted for by any pending transactions, we can look into other possibilities.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • bdmcleod
    bdmcleod Member
    Thanks, Jared. There are no pending transactions. In the past, such divergences have often been from bond transactions, and I sense the same here. When this has happened in the past, I often spend an hour or two looking for the bad transaction and fix it. I think there is more at play this time. I'm willing to give up on finding the root cause on this one. I really just want a way to add one-time fix-it transactions that make the totals accurate.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    bdmcleod said:
    Thanks, Jared. There are no pending transactions. In the past, such divergences have often been from bond transactions, and I sense the same here. When this has happened in the past, I often spend an hour or two looking for the bad transaction and fix it. I think there is more at play this time. I'm willing to give up on finding the root cause on this one. I really just want a way to add one-time fix-it transactions that make the totals accurate.
    Hello @bdmcleod

I see, and thanks for explaining the situation to me in greater detail. I do apologize if the resolution seems unclear right now. 

If you are seeking information on adding placeholder transactions in order to account for the discrepancies you have mentioned, you should be able to add manual transactions to balance the account totals by navigating to the Transactions tab after selecting your Brokerage account from the Account List in the left-hand panel of the screen and then click the New transaction button denoted by the '+' symbol in the lower left-hand portion of the screen, below the register.   

I hope this is helpful, and let me know if you have further questions about balancing your accounts. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.