Difference between Quicken Bill Manager and Bank Bill Pay

Options
jcoley2
jcoley2 Member ✭✭✭✭
Like many I am a long time Quicken User and have been using Chase to pay my bills for over 20+ years.

Since May 10 2022 I see there is a OL-393-A Error.  I too cannot update Chase nor pay bills. 

If the bulletin here:   https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7913242/updated-5-10-2022-chase-ol-393-a#latest

It Says:   We found that Direct Connect Bill Pay is the cause of this error. If you do not use Direct Connect Bill pay, then we advise that you please disable it. Doing so should resolve the error. However, if you do use it, then please do not disable Direct Connect Bill pay. 

I do not know what that means.  When Selecting "Online Services" on Account Detail on Checking Account I see:

1.  Quicken Bill Manager is Set to NO
2.  Bank Bill Pay is Set to YES

Do I need to Deactivate Bank Bill Pay and then somehow reactivate it?

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Bank Bill pay is another name for Direct Connect Bill Pay
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • jcoley2
    jcoley2 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great I use that I guess so I will not deactivate.  
  • jcoley2
    jcoley2 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have sent a "Report Problem" via Quicken as requested with "Attn: CTP-3750" in subject I hope they fix it soon as I need to pay my bills.  
  • rpgarrett75703
    rpgarrett75703 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Have you tried paying a bill even when you get the OL-393-A error? I get the OL-393-A error as well but I still can download Chase transactions and pay bills without issue. The error message is annoying but hasn't prevented me from using any of Chase's online services.
  • jcoley2
    jcoley2 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Have you tried paying a bill even when you get the OL-393-A error? I get the error as well but I still can download Chase transactions and pay bills without issue. The error message is annoying but hasn't prevented me from using any of Chase's online services.
    Interestingly I did not even think to think of that but YES it shows "sent" in check register and "processing" in Online tab so I guess I am good (other than the annoying error.)
This discussion has been closed.