Update Summary Issues - two Runtime.dat files

bking51
bking51 Member ✭✭
I've been having the same issue with the One Step Update reported by others. The Update appears to work, but the summary only shows the results for two accounts. For many, stopping Quicken and renaming the \INET\runtime.dat file solved the issue, but not for me. Further investigation revealed two Runtime.dat files - in \ProgramData\Quicken\Inet\Common\
and in \ProgramData\Inet\Kxxx\ (derived from my data file name?). Both are updated during an update. I stopped Quicken, renamed both, and restarted Quicken. Neither file was yet there. I ran the One Step update process, found that runtime.dat had been created in both locations and the summary was complete.
Tagged:

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    bking51 said:
    I've been having the same issue with the One Step Update reported by others. The Update appears to work, but the summary only shows the results for two accounts. For many, stopping Quicken and renaming the \INET\runtime.dat file solved the issue, but not for me. Further investigation revealed two Runtime.dat files - in \ProgramData\Quicken\Inet\Common\
    and in \ProgramData\Inet\Kxxx\ (derived from my data file name?). Both are updated during an update. I stopped Quicken, renamed both, and restarted Quicken. Neither file was yet there. I ran the One Step update process, found that runtime.dat had been created in both locations and the summary was complete.
    Did you mean to say
    1. in \ProgramData\Quicken\Inet\Common\ and
    2. in \ProgramData\Quicken\Inet\Kxxx\
      where "Kxxx" is equal to your current data file name
    I'm not sure about the runtime.dat file in ...\Common, but the file in \Kxxx definitely is the one that needs to be renamed or deleted in your case.
    And, yes, AFAIK, there is (or should be) one folder for each data file that has been used for transaction downloading.
    Obsolete control files for unsupported Quicken versions prior to Q 2017 may still float around in
    \ProgramData\Intuit\Quicken. It should be possible to delete them if you're using Q Subscription (aka Q 2022).
  • bking51
    bking51 Member ✭✭
    Yes, both are in the \ProgramData\Quicken\Common tree. Both are updated during a session, but with slightly different timestamps. The my data file is Kxxx and the directory for the second runtime.dat file is name Kxxx.03.
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    UKR said:
    And, yes, AFAIK, there is (or should be) one folder for each data file that has been used for transaction downloading.
    Obsolete control files for unsupported Quicken versions prior to Q 2017 may still float around in
    \ProgramData\Intuit\Quicken. It should be possible to delete them if you're using Q Subscription (aka Q 2022).
    FWIW, my experience is that an additional folder(s) with the name of the data file begins to get created when a second data file is created. The data file created after software installation has its data set, including runtime.dat, stored in a folder called "template". At least that is how my folder structure has behaved over many re-installs over the years.
This discussion has been closed.