Quicken Cannot Find a Stock Symbol - BAM.PF.I - Brookfield Asset Management pfd

ZAO
ZAO Member
edited June 2022 in Investing (Windows)
I own the preferred stock, Brookfield Asset Management S46 Pfd I, with the ticker symbol BAM.PF.I. I have tried using BAM-I but Quicken does not recognize it and does not update my info. Any idea what I should be using?

Comments

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tell me more.  What exchange is it trading on?  What price range is it trading at (in what currency)?

Preferred stocks are tricky as far as tickers go within and outside of Quicken.
    I find within Quicken's lookups BAM trading at $50 (USD), BAMGF trading at $15 (USD last end of March), and BAMKF trading at $16 (USD end of January).  There are a variety of other BAM variations trading on Canadian exchanges.  Looking at Yahoo finance does add much other helpful info.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I looked up BAM and the preferred shares trade on the TSX. 
    So, which Q product are you running, what BUILD of that product and Q Can or Q US?
    Do HELP, About Quicken for this info.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• ZAO
    ZAO Member
    I am running Q Deluxe, Q Can v R40.28 Build 27.1.40.28 on Windows 11. Yes the shs trade on the TSX. I also have another series Bam.Prd.N which in Q goes by BAM-N. It is tracked without any issues.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You probably need to contact Quicken Support for Canada to get them to add the class I preferred.  Likely it will take the BAM-I format, when available.
  • ZAO
    ZAO Member
    Thank you everyone for your assistance and direction. I found the ticker that Quicken will track buried in the list of Brookfield Preferreds under Q Support. BAM.PF.I.
This discussion has been closed.