What about bills that are already set up on autopay?

Options
Greetings,
I am just getting set up with bill pay for Mac. I have used Quicken for years, but always as a standalone program on my Mac and didn't pay bills. Some of my bills that are the same every month (mortgage) are set up as Autopay at my bank. I have authorized others to do an auto withdrawal each month. So those are automatically handled at the banking end and, for my records, I previously set them up in Quicken as a recurring payment, so my records were in sync with what the bank was doing.

Using online bill pay, should I just set up variable bills that I will want to review and pay each month and leave all of those others as they are, or is there a reason to connect those payees as e-bill recipients in Quicken?

Best Answer

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I would leave any bills you have setup as auto-pay alone and keep the reoccurring transaction as a reminder in your Quicken file. In other words, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. 

You can change any other bills you desire to auto-pay from within Quicken. I personally don't use the service, but I know many like it.

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I would leave any bills you have setup as auto-pay alone and keep the reoccurring transaction as a reminder in your Quicken file. In other words, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. 

You can change any other bills you desire to auto-pay from within Quicken. I personally don't use the service, but I know many like it.
  • BP1T
    BP1T Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you, sir.
This discussion has been closed.