Windows update broke Quicken?

Options
Quicken won't launch and when I try to reinstall it... it fails to install. I'm pretty sure this happened after a Windows Update was installed in May 2022. The main error I see is "Update.exe Application Error"... The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000135). Click OK to close the application. Any ideas?

Comments

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Options
    If it was Microsoft's May 10 update (KB5013943), that has caused issues for many users and not just Quicken.  Google the KB as there are many resolution suggestions, one being to uninstall that KB.  But then Microsoft's update of May 24 (KB5013889 KB5014019) "supposedly" fixes the issue, unconfirmed and TBD.
    However the error you are describing could be different.  I suspect that your Anti-Virus program may be blocking something.  I suggest that you either uninstall the former KB and/or install the new one, then temporarily disable your AV and then try to reinstall Quicken again.
    Please post back and let us know what works so that others can benefit from your experience.
    EDIT: Corrected the KB #.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• jpellingson
    jpellingson Member
    Options
    I turned back on .net 3.5 based on the info in the link below and it seems to have worked. Thanks for the help! https://quoramarketing.com/fix-windows-11-error-0xc0000135-the-application-was-unable-to-start-correctly/
This discussion has been closed.