Can I have both US and CDN versions of Quicken on my computer?

Options
Neil Greer
Neil Greer Member ✭✭
My financial situation has completely changed. I have been using the US version for +/- 12 years and I am now considering installing the CDN version of Quicken. (1) Will there be a software conflict between the two versions? (2) Will I still have access to the US version data files? (3) Will Quicken know which data file to open? (4) Will there be a membership issue regarding accessing my US data files while prescribing to the CDN version?

Best Answer

• Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Neil Greer,
    Thank you for reaching out to our community. To answer your question, yes there would be a software conflict installing and using both versions of Quicken at the same time in fact you may not even be able to install one version without uninstalling the other. One workaround to this would be creating separate users on your computer with one version on each one and data files kept separately however I know this is not the most convenient option. There isn't a membership issue subscribing to both versions, it mainly comes down to a software conflict. I hope this answers your questions!
    Thanks,
    Quicken Jade 

Answers

• Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Neil Greer,
    Thank you for reaching out to our community. To answer your question, yes there would be a software conflict installing and using both versions of Quicken at the same time in fact you may not even be able to install one version without uninstalling the other. One workaround to this would be creating separate users on your computer with one version on each one and data files kept separately however I know this is not the most convenient option. There isn't a membership issue subscribing to both versions, it mainly comes down to a software conflict. I hope this answers your questions!
    Thanks,
    Quicken Jade 
This discussion has been closed.