Transfers not working like they used to

DigitalJ
DigitalJ Member ✭✭
I have scheduled monthly transfers from my checking account to my savings account. I never had a problem with Quicken matching the transfer, but as of 2 months ago, it's matching about 10% of the time. It puts the category of the transfer back into the same account. I have to change the category to the other account, and Quicken will create an entry for it. But every time I download transactions now, I have to triple check that all of the transfers are correct and accurate

I have verified that Transfer Detection is on and to confirm a possible transfer before entering in the register.

Anyone else having this issue?

Comments

  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    edited June 2022
    DigitalJ said:
    I have scheduled monthly transfers from my checking account to my savings account. I never had a problem with Quicken matching the transfer, but as of 2 months ago, it's matching about 10% of the time. It puts the category of the transfer back into the same account. I have to change the category to the other account, and Quicken will create an entry for it. But every time I download transactions now, I have to triple check that all of the transfers are correct and accurate

    I have verified that Transfer Detection is on and to confirm a possible transfer before entering in the register.

    Anyone else having this issue?
    Hello @DigitalJ,     

    I apologize about these problems with transfers and matching. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community. 

    Are you operating accounts affected by this issue manually? If not, which financial institution(s) are they associated with? 

    Also, if you have the chance, you could save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen and then create a 'test' data file by going to the same menu and selecting New Quicken File... Next, choose New Quicken File in the screen that follows, and then click OK. After this, choose a file location on your computer and then click Save. Choose Don't use mobile and web when prompted. You may then add your non-Charles Schwab affiliated accounts in this new test file to online banking services - if necessary - using your standard methods. I am curious to hear whether or not you notice this behavior in the new data file.

    I look forward to your response. 


    Thank you,

    Quicken Jared 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

    IMHO, for best results manually enter transfer transactions into your register BEFORE you download transactions from the bank which contain the transfer confirmations. For recurring transfers use scheduled reminders and enter them a day or two before the due date. Be sure to use distinct Payee Names for each transfer to avoid confusing Quicken - memorized payee entries.
    That takes the guesswork out of the matching process. Because a correctly entered transfer transaction already exists in your account registers, Quicken should just match the downloaded transfer transaction to the existing one in both accounts.

  • DigitalJ
    DigitalJ Member ✭✭
    edited June 2022
    > @Quicken Jared said:
    > Hello @DigitalJ,     
    >
    > I apologize about these problems with transfers and matching. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community. 
    >
    > Are you operating accounts affected by this issue manually? If not, which financial institution(s) are they associated with? 
    >
    > Also, if you have the chance, you could save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen and then create a 'test' data file by going to the same menu and selecting New Quicken File... Next, choose New Quicken File in the screen that follows, and then click OK. After this, choose a file location on your computer and then click Save. Choose Don't use mobile and web when prompted. You may then add your non-Charles Schwab affiliated accounts in this new test file to online banking services - if necessary - using your standard methods. I am curious to hear whether or not you notice this behavior in the new data file.
    >
    > I look forward to your response. 
    >
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Quicken Jared 

    Thanks! The accounts are all connected via Express Web Connect. And everything has been working fine up until a couple months ago. I'll try with a new data file...it certainly could be that the file is corrupt. Can I also get you to change my username?
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    edited June 2022
    DigitalJ said:
    > @Quicken Jared said:
    > Hello @DigitalJ,     
    >
    > I apologize about these problems with transfers and matching. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community. 
    >
    > Are you operating accounts affected by this issue manually? If not, which financial institution(s) are they associated with? 
    >
    > Also, if you have the chance, you could save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen and then create a 'test' data file by going to the same menu and selecting New Quicken File... Next, choose New Quicken File in the screen that follows, and then click OK. After this, choose a file location on your computer and then click Save. Choose Don't use mobile and web when prompted. You may then add your non-Charles Schwab affiliated accounts in this new test file to online banking services - if necessary - using your standard methods. I am curious to hear whether or not you notice this behavior in the new data file.
    >
    > I look forward to your response. 
    >
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Quicken Jared 

    Thanks! The accounts are all connected via Express Web Connect. And everything has been working fine up until a couple months ago. I'll try with a new data file...it certainly could be that the file is corrupt. Can I also get you to change my username?
    Hello @DigitalJ,  

    I appreciate you getting back to us with additional information, as well as the results of the previous troubleshooting steps. 

    I completely understand your concerns about using the new data file. One other option in this case would be to save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen and then proceed through the following troubleshooting steps, in order:

    1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

    Regarding your username: I will send you a Direct Message momentarily in order to assist you with this. You can check these by clicking on the 'envelope' icon in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. 

    I hope this is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any other questions or concerns you may have. 

    Thank you,

    Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.