Incomplete Validate Information

MSStateDawg
MSStateDawg Member ✭✭✭✭
Your instructions for the Validate function are incomplete at this link:

https://help.quicken.com/display/WIN/Troubleshoot+a+damaged+Quicken+data+file

They do not state where the resulting validated/checked/fixed version of the data file is placed. Is the resulting file in the VALIDATE folder the one that has been validated? Or, is that simply a backup of the original data file created by the Validate function and then the validated file left in the original location?

I guess I could [Removed - Language] open each one to see which still has the issue, or, I could do eenie-meenie-minie-moe, pick one, then validate it again and look at the resulting validate log.

I think it would probably be simpler if your technical writers actually completed the documentation, though. What say ye?

Comments

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    The Validate folder contains a windows copy of the data file prior to the validation. The validated file is in the original file location. Each time validate is run, a file of the same name is overwritten in the validate folder.
  • MSStateDawg
    MSStateDawg Member ✭✭✭✭
    The Validate folder contains a windows copy of the data file prior to the validation. The validated file is in the original file location. Each time validate is run, a file of the same name is overwritten in the validate folder.
    Thanks. That is EXACTLY the text which should be added to the page at the link I shared.
  • MSStateDawg
    MSStateDawg Member ✭✭✭✭
    Sadly, the Quicken folk STILL have not updated the help article to include this information.

This discussion has been closed.