LoanDepot.com not downloading

Loan Depot has listings in the app to add my mortgage account, but none of the web addresses are correct. Can the Quicken team please add Loan Depot - www.loandepot.com
Tagged:

Comments

• @maddly2002 have you tried to connect with the 2 "Loan Depot" listed?  Even if the websites are different, that doesn't mean that the ones listed won't work for you.  The website you provided is a consumer website.  The ones for the two listed in Quicken are loan servicing websites.  That could be a reason why they are different.
  • maddly2002
    maddly2002 Member
    Yes I tried connecting to both and it gave me a wierd red "login credentials dont match error" I used the same credentials to log into my Loan Depot loan portal and it works fine.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2022
    @Maddly2002 - did it give you a CC-503 error?  Did you contact LoanDepot about access to Quicken?  If indeed a different connection is needed for your particular account, LoanDepot would need to initiate contact Quicken to get one established.  The other thing to try is to call Quicken Support.  They would be able to interpret the error codes and your log files.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Just my 2cents' worth ... I would not bother attempting to activate any loan or mortgage account for downloading. I would just simply set them up as "offline" (manual) loan accounts with a Scheduled Reminder to record the monthly payment. 
    (Not discussing LOC or HELOC accounts here. They should be set up like credit card accounts)

At least in Quicken for Windows, an online-connected loan or mortgage account does NOT have a transaction register. All data shown in the account come from whatever information the bank downloads to you ... if this process works at all.

As a result of being connected, the scheduled payment transaction reminder cannot transfer the amount of principal paid into the (non existent) account register and must use a category, usually something like Loan:Principal, instead. The category seems to vary with the Loan Type you selected when creating the loan account in Quicken.

Effective with Quicken Windows 2018+
    you can deactivate an online-connected loan account and regain full control over your transaction register.  However, you should still review the Scheduled Reminder (or Memorized Payee List entry) associated with the monthly loan payments to ensure they now transfer Principal to the loan account register and not to a Category.

If you're a Q Mac user, you should be able to do something similar about setting up and maintaining an offline mortgage account together with a correctly calculated Scheduled Transaction Reminder for the monthly payments from your checking account.

• [Deleted User]
    edited June 2022
    I did a little searching on Loan Depot and it seems like online connections with them ceased to work sometime in 2021 for both Q Win and Q Mac, and the last post was September 2021,  All of the threads seem to be closed now without a resolution.

There is also this ongoing alert out there, which includes Loan Depot - 

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7899473/new-9-21-21-mortgage-accounts-cc-501-or-ccclient-203#latest
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    maddly2002 said: Yes I tried connecting to both and it gave me a wierd red "login credentials dont match error"
    as others have mentioned, it probably is not worth banging your head on this -
    as "loan" accounts in Quicken don't really download & act like you expect.... just handle it offline in a manual entry mode.
    Unfortunately, there is not a manual download from the LoanDepot.com online website to test ...
    68308    68308    68308    Loan Depot    https://loandepot.loanadministration.com/loandepot/#/login    877-420-4526    https://loandepot.loanadministration.com/loandepot/#/login    ACTIVE      
    BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.