Reminders: controlling when they appear (Q Mac)

I'd like to set all bill reminders to appear in registers 14 days in advance. And I'd like to have reminders pop up when I start Quicken. Is there a way to do those things? (I already know how to set up a bill schedule.)
Tagged:

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Having your scheduled transactions show up in registers is easy. On the upper right of any register, just below the Search box, there's a small clock icon and a smaller "v" icon. Click the "v" and you'll see a drop-down menu of how far out you want to see scheduled transactions in that register; select 14 days. You have to do this for each of your accounts, and for account groups (e.g. Cash, Credit Card, Banking, All Transactions, etc.), but it's a one-time thing to set up. By having it set on an account-b y-account basis, it allows you to show scheduled transactions in some places and not others, or different lengths of time, should you wish to.

As for pop-up reminders, I don't believe there's any such feature in Quicken Mac. (Hopefully someone else will correct me if I'm wrong about that.) You might want to get in the habit of opening to the Calendar screen when you launch Quicken each day, so you can see the upcoming scheduled transactions, but I don't know of a way to have a pop-up dialog tell you a payment is due today or in 3 days or 14 days.  
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Having your scheduled transactions show up in registers is easy. On the upper right of any register, just below the Search box, there's a small clock icon and a smaller "v" icon. Click the "v" and you'll see a drop-down menu of how far out you want to see scheduled transactions in that register; select 14 days. You have to do this for each of your accounts, and for account groups (e.g. Cash, Credit Card, Banking, All Transactions, etc.), but it's a one-time thing to set up. By having it set on an account-b y-account basis, it allows you to show scheduled transactions in some places and not others, or different lengths of time, should you wish to.

As for pop-up reminders, I don't believe there's any such feature in Quicken Mac. (Hopefully someone else will correct me if I'm wrong about that.) You might want to get in the habit of opening to the Calendar screen when you launch Quicken each day, so you can see the upcoming scheduled transactions, but I don't know of a way to have a pop-up dialog tell you a payment is due today or in 3 days or 14 days.  
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.