Quick Pay Late Payment to CITI

Was charged $63 in interest & late fees. QP confirmation (attached) shows payment was made on the due date 6/9. Actual payment date was made at 3:00 PM 6/10, according to biller.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    paton said:
    Was charged $63 in interest & late fees. QP confirmation (attached) shows payment was made on the due date 6/9. Actual payment date was made at 3:00 PM 6/10, according to biller.
    Hello @paton

I am sorry for any frustration this payment issue may have caused. Thank you for taking the time to speak with us about this here on the Quicken Community.

We recommend scheduling payments at least 24 hours prior to the due date for a given payment in order to avoid late fees. You can read more about this in the Support Article listed here, under the blue-highlighted heading Schedule a Quick Pay payment from the Bills Dashboard

I hope that is helpful. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

My 2cents' worth, if I may:

I don't use Bill Pay services or Bill Manager at all, neither the one from Quicken nor the one offered by my bank. Since time "B.I." (before the Internet was invented) I have set up almost all of my recurring payments as Direct Debit, PAC Draft, Autopay, APS, whatever the biller calls it. Using the biller's website, I authorized the biller to electronically debit each payment directly from my checking or credit card account on due date. Now I can sit back, relax and wait for it to happen. Instead of  having to arm-wrestle Bill Manager into making payment on time I let the biller do all the work for me.

When I get notified of a new statement having arrived, usually by email, all I have to do in Quicken is to run a regular scheduled reminder to record the transaction. Haven't missed a payment in many years.

I recommend you do the same instead of fighting the Bill Manager windmill, missing payments and getting slapped with penalty interest rates or late fees.

• paton
    paton Member ✭✭✭
    I agree with your strategy. Just needed to vent. I have been using Quicken since its inception (decades). I had zero problems with payment issues while Intuit owned them. I have gradually converted to auto pay on the biller web sites. Thanks.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2022
    @ukr - You have been touting "Autopay" for months (even years?)  I just wanted to let you know I do exactly the same thing.  I do not write checks or use bill pay, or send any bill payments.  I let the biller take the payment on due date.  There is one extra step I also took.  I have a separate credit card just for automatic payments.  There are only two bills that are taken from my checking account that I couldn't get on the CC.  In the 4 years that I have done this, I have had no issues, no missed payments, no late payments.  It is up to the biller to take the payment.  All my bill reminders in Quicken match up when the Auto pay is to happen,  It is a great way to pay bills.  No worries, no hassle.

Sorry @paton, for the digression.  I just had to let @ukr know that his "2cents' worth" is a great idea.
  • mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    I've been using my bank's (Citi) bill pay since the days you had to modem directly into the bank (1990, give or take). In all that time, they screwed up one payment causing at late fee. The fixed it right away and ate the late fee. I just dload the paid transactions into Quicken. Very reliable. No reason to deal with the uncertainty of Q bill pay.  
  • paton
    paton Member ✭✭✭
    After groveling with Citi CSR, I was able to get the late fees quashed. For me? Autopay from now on. Thanks for the comments/advice.
This discussion has been closed.