Recent Quicken Version Upgrade Slows Down Operations

Options
Jandr74
Jandr74 Member ✭✭
A couple of days ago, Quicken released a new version of its software. Immediately upon installing that version, Quicken slowed down dramatically. I have a new computer so speed and size of hard drive cannot be the issue. Has anyone encountered the same problem?

I am running Windows 11 and Quicken version R41.10, Build 27.1.41.10.

Comments

• Jandr74
    Jandr74 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am running Quicken Deluxe in case that matters.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is just a shot in the dark ...
    Based on other discussions ...This sounds to me as if something might have happened to the file which contains information about the financial institutions available for transaction downloading.
    For Quicken for Windows US, the file I'm talking about is called Fidir.txt and lives in a (hidden, I believe) file folder named
        C:\ProgramData\Quicken\Inet\Common\Localweb\Banklist\2019 for the Subscription version.
    Older versions will have this file in
        C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Quicken\Inet\Common\Localweb\Banklist\20xx (where 20xx varies with the year of your old version)

Please open this file with Notepad, another ASCII file text editor or open it with Excel as tab-delimited text file.
    What are the contents of this file?
    Is it a nearly empty file, containing just 2 lines (see below) or does it contain thousands of bank name entries?

FILIST
    If the file is as shown above, we're getting warmer ... otherwise my shot fizzled out.
This discussion has been closed.