Quicken backup changes

Options
Ken267
Ken267 Member ✭✭
Apparently there has been some minor changes to the backup menus now providing a option for adding a "time" to the backup name.
However, it seems to be graying-out the option for date in saved backup locations. ??

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    @ken267 - this is a known issue and happens when try to change the backup file name or location in the dropdown box or use a backup file name or location from the dropdown list.

You can still add/remove a date and time to your backup file name, just as long as you do not change the backup file name or location.

If you want to change the name or location of your backup file, click on "Change" only.  Again, do not use a location or file name from your dropdown list.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7914884/new-6-14-22-adding-date-to-back-up-file-box-greyed-out/p1?new=1
  • bruce.ober
    bruce.ober Member
    Options
    I have 3 backup locations, and can only use 1 do to this issue.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    You should be able to hit "Change" and save to each location.  You would have to hit "Change" each time before you save to a different location.  I know this workaround is not as efficient, but it is the only way I have found to be able to save to multiple locations.
  • Ken267
    Ken267 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I guess I'm having a hard time figuring out why they even bothered to add 'date and time' box in the first place. If you have a windows computer, every file generated includes those attributes anyway????
  • xpilotwon
    xpilotwon Member ✭✭
    Options
    Is anything being done about the backup problem? I have run into another glitch in that if I try to change the destination drive for the backup (which still doesn't work), close quicken and then try to reopen it, it will not reopen until I have restarted my computer. If I leave the destination alone I have no problems at all. This NEVER happened until the time stamp was added. Appears beta testing failed to catch this problem.
This discussion has been closed.