OL-297A Error with 2 institutions (BofA, Discover)

Options
loddiedoddie
loddiedoddie Member ✭✭
I have not been able to update for a week with BofA. I have called Quicken twice and BofA once. Each points the finger at the other. Now I'm having the same issue with Discover. Anyone have suggestions?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I have not been able to update for a week with BofA. I have called Quicken twice and BofA once. Each points the finger at the other. Now I'm having the same issue with Discover. Anyone have suggestions?
    Hello @loddiedoddie,      

I do apologize about this issue with updating accounts. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, I recommend following the steps offered in this Support Article regarding the OL-297 error message. 

Next, where is your current active data file located. You can check this by navigating to File > Show this file on my computer in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Make sure that the data file is located on your computer, and not on an external drive or cloud-based storage service, as these locations can cause erratic program behavior and even data damage.

I look forward to your response. 

Thank you, 

Quicken Jared 
  • loddiedoddie
    loddiedoddie Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have done all these things and it is still not working.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have done all these things and it is still not working.
    Hello @loddiedoddie

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I am sorry this issue is continuing, even after some of these steps have been taken.

Before we can proceed with additional instructions, we need to be clear as to whether or not your data file is located on your computer. If so, try making use of the steps below, after saving a backup once again:
    1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists. 
    I hope to hear back from you about this, if you should have the chance to check in with us about this, again.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.