Anyone suddenly having problems with downloading or adding a Citi credit card as an online bill?

My 3 Citi credit cards that I have setup to have the bill downloaded suddenly went into "needs attention successfully added waiting for next bill". Well the next bill is available and after refreshing, removing and adding back I am still getting the same message. I have not had this problem before. When adding citi as an online bill it authenticates and goes right to needs attention, it doesn't even ask me to select one of my 3 accounts. These accounts all previously were downloading bills fine until now. Any ideas on a resolution? I will note that transaction downloads of my citi credit accounts is still working fine, it is just a problem with adding the online bill. Which makes this worse is I have premier so I can easily pay with QuickPay and now since the bills are gone that is not an option and a waste of money.

Best Answer

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    kelnos said:
    My 3 Citi credit cards that I have setup to have the bill downloaded suddenly went into "needs attention successfully added waiting for next bill". Well the next bill is available and after refreshing, removing and adding back I am still getting the same message. I have not had this problem before. When adding citi as an online bill it authenticates and goes right to needs attention, it doesn't even ask me to select one of my 3 accounts. These accounts all previously were downloading bills fine until now. Any ideas on a resolution? I will note that transaction downloads of my citi credit accounts is still working fine, it is just a problem with adding the online bill. Which makes this worse is I have premier so I can easily pay with QuickPay and now since the bills are gone that is not an option and a waste of money.
    Hello @kelnos

I am sorry to hear about this issue with the "needs attention..." message that appears after bills have been downloaded. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Then, navigate to the Bills & Income tab and the Bills subtab. Next, go to the 'Gear' icon in the upper menu and hold your cursor over Review and Repair, then click on Review and Repair Online Billers. Be sure to close the Quicken program for at least 5 seconds then reopen it to see if the error continues. 

Let us know how this works. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    kelnos said:
    Hello @kelnos

I am sorry to hear about this issue with the "needs attention..." message that appears after bills have been downloaded. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Then, navigate to the Bills & Income tab and the Bills subtab. Next, go to the 'Gear' icon in the upper menu and hold your cursor over Review and Repair, then click on Review and Repair Online Billers. Be sure to close the Quicken program for at least 5 seconds then reopen it to see if the error continues. 

Let us know how this works. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    • When I logged on to my Citi credit card website today, there was an extra dialog page asking to verify email contact information. Had to respond to that before I could get to the credit card details.
      Check your website for this extra dialog.
    • If you have enabled Two Step Verification for accessing your credit card ... this may be what's making it impossible for Online Bill processes to access new bill information. Turn off 2FA and see if that makes it work.
This discussion has been closed.