Can't Add an Ally Bank Account

When I restored from a backup, the system told me I had to add back an existing Ally Bank Account that Quicken no longer recognized. When I attempted to do this, the system showed the account, but didn't give me a dropdown. The only option was "Don't add to Quicken", and that was hard-coded. I.e., there was no way for me to link to an existing account, or even to add a new account.

Best Answer

• actuary314
    actuary314 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thank you, Jared. As it turned out, this is a joint account. When I accessed the account from my Ally account, I got the documented problem. However, when I accessed the account from my wife's Ally account, I kept on getting an error message saying that Ally couldn't successfully communicate with the Quicken server. That was happening until today, when I finally got the dropdown that enabled me to link to our existing account. I.e., the problem was finally solved.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    When I restored from a backup, the system told me I had to add back an existing Ally Bank Account that Quicken no longer recognized. When I attempted to do this, the system showed the account, but didn't give me a dropdown. The only option was "Don't add to Quicken", and that was hard-coded. I.e., there was no way for me to link to an existing account, or even to add a new account.
    Hello @actuary314

I do apologize about this experience with online banking services. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community. 

Given the nature of this problem, I recommend reaching out to Quicken Support via this link as soon as possible. They have unique troubleshooting and diagnostic resources at their disposal that will provide the best possible path forward to a potential resolution.

Feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • actuary314
    actuary314 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thank you, Jared. As it turned out, this is a joint account. When I accessed the account from my Ally account, I got the documented problem. However, when I accessed the account from my wife's Ally account, I kept on getting an error message saying that Ally couldn't successfully communicate with the Quicken server. That was happening until today, when I finally got the dropdown that enabled me to link to our existing account. I.e., the problem was finally solved.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @actuary314,  

Thanks for reaching back out to me and letting me know about this change in circumstances. I'm happy to hear that you were able to discover a resolution, and I appreciate the helpful information about what you discovered to be the source of the issue.

Feel free to reach out again with any other concerns or questions you may have.

Thanks again,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.