Persistent problem with downloading Data (OL-362, Vanguard)

Howard1
Howard1 Member ✭✭
Hello,

We are now unable to download data from our Vanguard accounts, after having done this for years. There is the message "Your financial institution has downloaded data for an account that does not exist in your Quicken data File. [OL-362-A]

[OL-362-B]"

We have followed the procedure of deactivating, closing and restarting Quicken, and reactivating the accounts for Transaction Download three (3) times, without any success. Once we restarted the computer. When we reactivate the accounts, the accounts are recognized for download by Quicken, and we can identify the proper accounts for download. But the data will not download, we obtain the error message as above.

Are there any other steps we might take?

Thank you.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Howard1 said:
    Hello,

We are now unable to download data from our Vanguard accounts, after having done this for years. There is the message "Your financial institution has downloaded data for an account that does not exist in your Quicken data File. [OL-362-A]

[OL-362-B]"

We have followed the procedure of deactivating, closing and restarting Quicken, and reactivating the accounts for Transaction Download three (3) times, without any success. Once we restarted the computer. When we reactivate the accounts, the accounts are recognized for download by Quicken, and we can identify the proper accounts for download. But the data will not download, we obtain the error message as above.

Are there any other steps we might take?

Thank you.
    Hello @Howard1,   

I do apologize about this issue with online banking services and the OL-362-A/B error messages. Thank you for seeking assistance here on the Quicken Community. 

First, save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open. Next, follow the steps listed below, in order: 

To deactivate the account

1. Open the Account List (Ctrl + A).
    2. Make sure to Show Hidden Accounts, if that option is available.
    3. Click Edit next to the affected account(s).
    4. Go to the Online Services tab and click Deactivate.

What if Quicken tells me to accept downloaded transactions before deactivating online services?

Quicken will not deactivate online services if you have not accepted all downloaded transactions. Verify that you have accepted all transactions.

1. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for all accounts linked to the financial institution reporting the error.
    2. Close/Reopen Quicken.

To reactivate the account

1. Open the Account List (Ctrl + A).
    2. Click Edit next to the affected account.
    3. Go to the Online Services tab and click Set up now...
    4. Enter your bank credentials.
    5. Carefully review the Discovered accounts and Link them properly to avoid duplicate accounts and ensure transactions download to the correct accounts.
    You can view the Support Article linked here for any additional information. 

I hope this is helpful, and I look forward to hearing back from you after this has been attempted. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Howard1
    Howard1 Member ✭✭
    Hello Quicken Jared,

Thank you for your response. Actually, I did follow this procedure previous to my inquiry, 3 times, with no success. However, I have now again followed your instructions, to the letter. When I now attempt a download, I obtain the same error message: {Your financial institution...does not exist in your Quicken data file. [OL-362-A]..[Ol-362-B]}.

I am still puzzled by this. Perhaps additional information would help. There are three separate Vanguard accounts. When I followed your instructions, I carefully matched each identified account at Vanguard with the corresponding account in Quicken, and the software accepted the match. The only oddity is that the account number for one of the accounts obtained by Quicken does not match the actual account number, but the failed download was to one of the other accounts.

Are there any type of diagnostic tests you could suggest to identify the source of this failure?

Thank you.
    Howard
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Howard1 said:
    Hello Quicken Jared,

Thank you for your response. Actually, I did follow this procedure previous to my inquiry, 3 times, with no success. However, I have now again followed your instructions, to the letter. When I now attempt a download, I obtain the same error message: {Your financial institution...does not exist in your Quicken data file. [OL-362-A]..[Ol-362-B]}.

I am still puzzled by this. Perhaps additional information would help. There are three separate Vanguard accounts. When I followed your instructions, I carefully matched each identified account at Vanguard with the corresponding account in Quicken, and the software accepted the match. The only oddity is that the account number for one of the accounts obtained by Quicken does not match the actual account number, but the failed download was to one of the other accounts.

Are there any type of diagnostic tests you could suggest to identify the source of this failure?

Thank you.
    Howard
    Hello @Howard1

I am sorry to hear about this issue remaining after the troubleshooting steps offered earlier were utilized. Thanks for continuing to work with me on this problem. 

I would like to investigate this issue in greater detail. I recommend submitting program log files by navigating to Help > Report a Problem... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, along with a brief description of the issue and any screenshots you may be able to provide. Keep in mind that these submissions are purely for investigative purposes and you will not receive a response through them. I cannot provide an ETA on a resolution, but I do recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support using this link.

Thank you for your patience.

Quicken Jared 
  • Howard1
    Howard1 Member ✭✭
    Here is the confirmation of the added Vanguard accounts. And we still get the same error message. I think this problem has something to do either with Vanguard or something strange about the accounts in this Quicken copy. We were able to download from another financial institution.
This discussion has been closed.