Hello, Not sure if my catagory is correct, but 'I'm cancelling my subscription, and want to keep Qui

Options
Rtom
Rtom Member
What I'm wondering is, in my cancelling my subscription I read something about Quicken being removed from my computer? I think my last purchase of Quicken was Quicken 2017. I guess I didn't look close enough at the updates I was getting. I just thought it was the usual updating. Now that I realize that, I can't see paying a yearly fee for my use. At the same time I don't want to have all of my Quicken removed. Is there a way I can prevent that from taking place? I do wish to keep Quicken on my computer and keep using it, just not the subscription. I think I know why I ended up with the subscription--I've been quite depressed these last few years and just have missed a number of things. Last year I updated my accounts three times for the whole year. This year I've got to go back to February and bring it forward to current. This last move we made didn't help my depression any. We hired 'All My $on$' to pack and move us. Never again. We have NEVER had so much damage, broken, and missing items. Which I believe were stolen. We moved the end of Feb. and still haven't got it all put away yet. Anyhow, I'm just concerned with keeping my old Quicken and not having it removed. Thank You, Tom

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What version do you have?  If you don't renew you can still use it manually.  It won't be removed, but there will be a renew banner taking up about 25% of your screen.  Unless you have the Starter Edition, that goes into read only mode. So you need Deluxe or above. 

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• studpup
    studpup Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    Tom, I'm sorry things have been rough, I sincerely hope that better times return for you soon.

As for the subscription, see the details under "Expiration and renewing your Quicken membership": https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-subscription-membership-faqs

What happens when my Quicken membership expires?
    The Quicken Data Access Guarantee means that whether you renew your subscription or not, you'll always have full access to and ownership of your data. You can view, edit, export, and manually enter transactions and accounts for Deluxe and higher versions, even after your subscription ends. Access to online services, such as transaction download, quotes, and mobile sync, along with access to Quicken Support, will end if your subscription does. We’ll continue to let you know about product changes and enhancements within the Quicken product. You will also see expiration messages within the program (for examples, see How will I know if I need to renew my subscription membership? below).

The Data Access Guarantee applies to Deluxe and higher versions of Quicken; the Starter version will become read-only upon membership expiration or cancellation.

wags Glad to be here!

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Rtom sorry to hear about your troubles, hope things get better for you soon. 

If you still have your Quicken 2017 download or disc, you can reinstall Q2017 and use your subscription files and an extra bonus is there is no expiration banner in Q2017. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.