Can no longer select category

Options
Chris Anderson
Chris Anderson Member ✭✭✭
I cannot select a category that appears in my category list. Within my categories list resides the category "Other Income:401k Employer Contrib"  I have many transactions in the past that utilize this category.  Sometime in April of 2021 I was no longer able to select this category from the pull down menu.  I've tried typing this in as new category and it won't save the transaction.  How can I restore this category?

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Chris Anderson,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I apologize that you are experiencing this issue with not being able to select certain categories.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.
    1. Navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu
    2. Sign Out...
    3. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
    4. Follow the prompts to be taken back to your data file after signing in
    Once that is done, see if the issue still persists.

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Chris Anderson
    Options
    Thanks for your suggestion Jasmine.  Unfortunately I still have this problem after signing out then signing back in to my account.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @Chris Anderson,

Thank you for attempting to sign out/in to your data file, though I do apologize that did not assist us in reaching a resolution. 

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling Quicken? Please refer to the following support articles for instructions on uninstalling here and reinstalling here.

Please let me know how this goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Chris Anderson
    Options
    I tried uninstalling and re-installing and still no luck with being able to pick the category.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @Chris Anderson,

Thank you for attempting the uninstall/reinstall steps, though I do apologize that we have still not reached a resolution. 

Next, I suggest restoring from a backup that was created before you began noticing the issues with not being able to pick a category. For more information regarding restoring from backups, you may follow this link.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.