PayPAL Not Downloading into Quicken - ONGOING PROBLEM

lestay
lestay Quicken Mac Subscription Member
PayPal has not download transactions into quicken for Mac since the end of May. It says it is connecting and then says updated and 0 transactions and the online balance says 0. I have tried to reset the connection, delete the account and set it up again. Nothing has fixed the problem. I tried creating a test file and adding PayPal with the same result, 0 transactions. Paypal support told me to call quicken and Keith one can fix the problem. Is anyone else experiencing this and is there a fix?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Quicken Mac Subscription Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    lestay said:
    PayPal has not download transactions into quicken for Mac since the end of May. It says it is connecting and then says updated and 0 transactions and the online balance says 0. I have tried to reset the connection, delete the account and set it up again. Nothing has fixed the problem. I tried creating a test file and adding PayPal with the same result, 0 transactions. Paypal support told me to call quicken and Keith one can fix the problem. Is anyone else experiencing this and is there a fix?
    Hello @lestay

I am sorry to hear about your experience with these failed transactions. Thank you for bringing this up here on the Quicken Community.

First, what Connection Type are you using to add or link your bank accounts to online banking services? You can check this anytime by clicking on the affected account(s) in the Account List at the left-hand panel of the Quicken window, then navigate to the Settings menu denoted by the 'gear' icon in the lower right-hand panel of the Quicken window. Navigate to the Downloads tab in the window that appears, and the Connection Type should be listed here. 

I look forward to hearing your answer. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • lestay
    lestay Quicken Mac Subscription Member
    Quicken Connect
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Quicken Mac Subscription Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    lestay said:
    Quicken Connect
    Hello @lestay,  

Thank you for getting back to me with the answer to my earlier question. I am sorry that the resolution for this problem remains unclear, for the moment. 

Are you making use of any Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), new firewall settings, antivirus software, or pop-up blockers? If so, it may be necessary to turn these off or remove them in order to troubleshoot this issue, as these items can cause connectivity issues that prevent transactions from downloading properly. 

Also, have you noticed any error messages with specific error codes when trying to make use of online banking services? 

I look forward to hearing more from you about this.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.