Quicken on Web inaccurate

Options
Quicken of the Web is pretty useless for me. It shows that I have 25 million dollars in an IRA account, which I don't, and it is not in my Windows Quicken. I talked to support and after trying many different things for about 2 hours, the account is still wrong. Support wanted to blame Fidelity, but the account downloads accurately in the desktop and to Mint on the web. This is a Quicken problem. It is not syncing correctly. I wish I had that 25 mil.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MomSam said:
    Quicken of the Web is pretty useless for me. It shows that I have 25 million dollars in an IRA account, which I don't, and it is not in my Windows Quicken. I talked to support and after trying many different things for about 2 hours, the account is still wrong. Support wanted to blame Fidelity, but the account downloads accurately in the desktop and to Mint on the web. This is a Quicken problem. It is not syncing correctly. I wish I had that 25 mil.
    Hello @MomSam

I apologize about this frustration with incorrect account balances. Thank you for speaking with us about this here on the Quicken Community. 

First, which Balance Display option are you currently using in the Web app - Today's Balance, Online Balance, or Projected Balance? 

Also, are you syncing your Web app and your desktop app after every use? In order to do this, save a backup in the desktop application by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then follow the instructions below:

1. In your desktop application, go to the Mobile & Web tab.

2. Verify that your account is listed in the panel Accounts enabled on mobile and web.

3. If your account is not listed, select the Settings button, then Account Settings.

4. Select the checkbox by any accounts you want to sync with Quicken for the Web .

5. Select Sync Now.

6. Go to the Quicken for the Web and Sync . Your account will appear.
    If you are noticing these issues in spite of regular syncing, you may save a backup and then proceed through these instructions:

1. Navigate to Edit > Preferences
    2. Click on Mobile & Web in the left-hand panel of the window that appears
    3. Click Reset your cloud data
    4. Close Quicken for at least 5 seconds
    5. Reopen Quicken to see if the issue is continuing

I look forward to hearing your response once these troubleshooting recommendations have been attempted.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.