Brokerage transactions no longer update portfolio (Mac version 6.8.1)

Options
GerardR
GerardR Member
I have a brokerage account for bitcoin. I use BTC$ for the stock symbol. I buy/sell BTC$ and transfer USD to/from account. Any transaction after June 24, 2022 no longer seems to affect my Portfolio view of this account. For example I entered a sale on June 25, 2022 and my Portfolio view does not reflect that view. When I change the sale date to June 24, 2022 my Portfolio view does reflect that sale. Is there some setting that has cut off my transactions?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GerardR said:
    I have a brokerage account for bitcoin. I use BTC$ for the stock symbol. I buy/sell BTC$ and transfer USD to/from account. Any transaction after June 24, 2022 no longer seems to affect my Portfolio view of this account. For example I entered a sale on June 25, 2022 and my Portfolio view does not reflect that view. When I change the sale date to June 24, 2022 my Portfolio view does reflect that sale. Is there some setting that has cut off my transactions?
    Hello @GerardR

I am sorry to hear about this problem with a lack of updates in the Portfolio View. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, what 'instance' of Bitcoin did you select in order to link the brokerage account to online banking services? Also, is this investment associated with any particular financial institution alongside Bitcoin? 

I look forward to hearing more from you regarding this issue. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • GerardR
    GerardR Member
    Options
    I'm manually inputting all the information in my Quicken file. There are no financial institutions that I'm directly linking (computer to computer).

For more information I have two accounts called "Bitcoin - Coinbase" (BC) and one called "Bitcoin - Coinbase Pro" (BCP). On 06/25 I sold all bitcoin in BCP and recorded that transaction in BCP. I then recorded a transfer of nearly all the proceeds to BC from BCP on 06/25. I then noticed the balances didn't appear correct. I changed the two transactions to 06/24 and was surprised to see the correct balanced. Today 06/27 I bought more bitcoin in BC and tried moving the 06/24 transactions to 06/25 to see if somehow the 06/27 transactions caused a recalculation. The balances were still wrong. I put the 06/24 transactions back. I went to the dentist, came back and bought more bitcoin in BC. Balances looked correct. I then tried moving the 06/24 back to 06/25 (their correct date) and miraculously all the balances are correct.

It seems I no longer have a problem. I'm an iOS developer and work well with QA. If there's anything I can do to help resolve this odd glitch let me know.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GerardR said:
    I'm manually inputting all the information in my Quicken file. There are no financial institutions that I'm directly linking (computer to computer).

For more information I have two accounts called "Bitcoin - Coinbase" (BC) and one called "Bitcoin - Coinbase Pro" (BCP). On 06/25 I sold all bitcoin in BCP and recorded that transaction in BCP. I then recorded a transfer of nearly all the proceeds to BC from BCP on 06/25. I then noticed the balances didn't appear correct. I changed the two transactions to 06/24 and was surprised to see the correct balanced. Today 06/27 I bought more bitcoin in BC and tried moving the 06/24 transactions to 06/25 to see if somehow the 06/27 transactions caused a recalculation. The balances were still wrong. I put the 06/24 transactions back. I went to the dentist, came back and bought more bitcoin in BC. Balances looked correct. I then tried moving the 06/24 back to 06/25 (their correct date) and miraculously all the balances are correct.

It seems I no longer have a problem. I'm an iOS developer and work well with QA. If there's anything I can do to help resolve this odd glitch let me know.
    Hello @GerardR,     

Thank you for reaching out once more and letting me know more about the situation, as well as including steps to a possible resolution. I am glad to hear that everything seems to be functioning as expected once again

Thanks again for your help, and feel free to reach out again anytime. 

Quicken Jared 
  • GerardR
    GerardR Member
    Options
    Same problem occurred this morning where a bitcoin entry was not reflected in my portfolio. I waited for the "stock" market to open and the bitcoin entry showed up. bitcoin trades 24x7. If I make a bitcoin sale an hour before the "stock" market opens it should show up in my portfolio. It shouldn't be waiting for me to sync with "stock" prices.
This discussion has been closed.