Chase Bank not downloading transactions

Options
MargueriteXX
MargueriteXX Member ✭✭
Bank is just downloading payment info not transactions. If I select transactions only, no download occurs and there are some that I know are occurring. Please help.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bank is just downloading payment info not transactions. If I select transactions only, no download occurs and there are some that I know are occurring. Please help.
    Hello @MargueriteXX

I am sorry to hear about this problem with downloading transactions and transaction info. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, I am somewhat unclear; are you experiencing problems with downloading transactions as well as missing transaction information in the register? Also, how many accounts are affected by this issue, and which financial institution(s) are they associated with?

I look forward to hearing your reply, and I hope to continue working with you on this issue, if necessary. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • MargueriteXX
    MargueriteXX Member ✭✭
    Options
    It is only my Chase checking account. Quicken is not downloading transactions that have occurred so that they can be accepted into the register. It is only downloading upcoming payment information.
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    It is only my Chase checking account. Quicken is not downloading transactions that have occurred so that they can be accepted into the register. It is only downloading upcoming payment information.
    Hello @MargueriteXX

Thank you for speaking with me about this once again. I am sorry that this issue is ongoing, for the time being.

First, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Next, I recommend that you create a 'test' data file by going to the same menu and selecting New Quicken File... Next, choose New Quicken File in the screen that follows, and then click OK. After this, choose a file location on your computer and then click Save. Choose Don't use mobile and web when prompted.

Next, you may add your Chase account by navigating to the Add Account button denoted by the '+' button in the upper left-hand corner of the screen. I want to know if this issue with downloads continues in the test data file. 

I am eager to hear about your results. 

Regards,

Quicken Jared 
  • MargueriteXX
    MargueriteXX Member ✭✭
    Options
    i have lost my house air conditioning. i will need to postpone your recommend for a few hours. thank you.
  • MargueriteXX
    MargueriteXX Member ✭✭
    Options
    the test quicken file downloaded all the missing transactions. suggestion for main file?
  • MargueriteXX
    MargueriteXX Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have read other posts on this issue. I have never used Direct Pay from my Quicken account. I have only done this by logging into chase.com to get this done.
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    the test quicken file downloaded all the missing transactions. suggestion for main file?
    Hello @MargueriteXX

I am sorry to hear about this problem remaining, but I appreciate that you took the opportunity to follow up with me about this.

You can try validating and super validating the data file, in this case, as the next troubleshooting option. Save a backup once again, then run through the steps provided below, in order: 
    1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists. 

If you are still noticing difficulties after you have attempted those recommendations, you may try the following:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    I look forward to hearing back from you about your results. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • MargueriteXX
    MargueriteXX Member ✭✭
    Options
    i have had a family emergency. will try this recommend today.
  • MargueriteXX
    MargueriteXX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    recommend from Jared, (Quicken) was posted a few days ago. Sorry I have lost the thread.
    Chase is only downloading payments to my quicken chase register...not transactions like for example checks that have been cashed or transfers that have been made. Pl help.

[Merged Post]
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    what version ..... Help --> About Quicken

[Merged Post]

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• MargueriteXX
    MargueriteXX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    R41.19
    windows 11

[Merged Post]
  • [Deleted User]
    edited July 2022
    Options
  • MargueriteXX
    MargueriteXX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    thank you for the link back to Jared's recommend.

[Merged Post]
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Options
    MargueriteXX said: It is only my Chase checking account. Quicken is not downloading transactions that have occurred so that they can be accepted into the register. It is only downloading upcoming payment information.
    I'm confused....
    OK if transactions that have posted to your Chase checking account are not being downloaded for some reason,
    but - I don't understand this part... It is only downloading upcoming payment information.
    What do you mean - WHAT payment information - from WHERE ?
    What version .... Help --> About Quicken
    And... if you display your Chase checking account Register in Quicken - what does it say at the top -
    .... Direct Connect - and date of last download -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• MargueriteXX
    MargueriteXX Member ✭✭
    Options
    it downloads the payment information that i have set up in Chase for payments to my payees. But it does not download other transactions such as checks that have been cashed and transfers to other banks...again set up at Chase website. I am going to try Jared (Quicken) response above to see if that solves it.
  • MargueriteXX
    MargueriteXX Member ✭✭
    Options
    Suggestion of Validate did not work. Chase is still not downloading transactions, example: checks cashed. The super validate instructions are not working...Ctrl Shift key does not bring up File Operations. Selecting File does not list File operations either. please help. thank you
  • MargueriteXX
    MargueriteXX Member ✭✭
    Options
    I did the Super validate. And, I found where the transactions are going. They are going directly to Quicken Online Center under Transactions. Why are they not going directly into register and how do I get them there.
  • MargueriteXX
    MargueriteXX Member ✭✭
    Options
    I found answer on Quicken help and it worked. Missing transactions moved into Checking register. Thank you.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I found answer on Quicken help and it worked. Missing transactions moved into Checking register. Thank you.
    HUH ? - were things actually getting downloaded - where or what ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.