Bill Reminder

Options
Spotteddog
Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
Win 11   Quicken Deluxe R41.19   27.1.14.19

There are several months of bill reminders on the bills and income page. It seems like they are put there daily. I no longer use billing reminders. They always caused problems.

The reminder doesn't tell me which bill it is. It just shows an icon on the left and the reminder is "0". There is one reminder for every day. It says it is "auto-enter". I tried deleting some, but they won't delete.  
Why does it say "Auto Enter". How do I find what is being "Auto Entered"?.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Murphy stepped all over your Quicken data file. Please validate and supervalidate your file. This should get rid of these phantom reminders or, at least, make them deleteable.

Validate and Supervalidate instructions

First save a backup file prior to performing these steps

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 30 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Supervalidate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 30 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

• Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    UKR

Neither one had any errors. That didn't fix the problem. I do think my data file is screwed up. I've been using the same file for years probably 10 years.
    If there were a way to start over with a new data file, but import all my banking/investing data into the new file.
    Thanks

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well, yes, your data file is messed up. But it should now be possible to delete these items from the Tools / Manage Bill and Income Reminders view. Select a reminder and click "Delete" in the Menu line on top of the view.
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I haven't found any way to delete all of them. I can only delete them one by one. There are over 200 reminders.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    @spotteddog - is it possible to just keep clicking on "Delete" without actually selecting the next item in the list?  If it works, it might make it easier to delete all those reminders.
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks. I'll give that a try when I get a chance.
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Hello,

I reinstall Quicken Deluxe. That didn't fix the problem. 
    I agree with some other members that my data file is [mess[ed up. I only keep backups for 30 days. I can't go that far back to do a restore from backup, since I have been having problems like this for 2 months. 
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am still getting the popup:
    "Is this the next scheduled payment to, schedule for $0.00 on 5/20/2022?"

If I click "No" it won't go away. If I click"yes" it goes away, but where does it go?
This discussion has been closed.