Increase/decrease register columns

David Moore
David Moore Member ✭✭
I have a savings account that I created many years ago that has increase/decrease register columns instead of payment/deposit columns. I just set up another similar account (everything the same that I can find) but cannot get increase/decrease columns instead get the payment/deposit columns. How did I originally get the I/D columns?

Best Answer

• [Deleted User]
    Answer ✓
    @David Moore you can set up an asset account and change the intent to "spending", "savings" or whatever you want, but you will not be able to set up online services for this account.  Not sure if that was important to you.

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Increase/Decrease shows in Asset and Liability account registers, not in banking registers.  That old account must have been set up as an Asset.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• David Moore
    David Moore Member ✭✭
    I changed it's type to Asset all that did was change it's location, still have Payment/Deposit columns. Even closed and reopened Quicken but no change. Both accounts were created as Savings accounts.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't change a banking or property & debt account type after creation. All you can change is the account intent. Create a new Asset account and you'll see Increase/Decrease columns.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• [Deleted User]
    Answer ✓
    @David Moore you can set up an asset account and change the intent to "spending", "savings" or whatever you want, but you will not be able to set up online services for this account.  Not sure if that was important to you.
  • David Moore
    David Moore Member ✭✭
    Thanks all. I do not do anything online with Quicken. I was able to make it an asset, then change it to Savings so it would then be in same place as other savings.
This discussion has been closed.