Can I add a password to my data file when my computer is being repaired and remove it when I get it

Options
KM
KM Member ✭✭
Can I add a password to my data file when my computer is being repaired and remove it when I get it back?

Best Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @KM

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community with this question. 

Yes, you can add a data file password and then remove it later. You may follow this link to access a FAQ that discusses adding, changing, or removing a data file password on your Quicken for Mac application. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @KM

You are very welcome!

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns.

-Quicken Jasmine

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @KM

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community with this question. 

Yes, you can add a data file password and then remove it later. You may follow this link to access a FAQ that discusses adding, changing, or removing a data file password on your Quicken for Mac application. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

• KM
    KM Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you so much! I had looked but when I searched password I only found where people had had trouble with passwords. Thanks again for your help!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    @km - If it were me, I would remove all your Quicken data files (including backups) from the computer before it's sent in to be it repaired and save them to an external storage location (flash, portable, cloud).  I would even go as far as uninstalling Quicken before it's sent in to be repaired. 

There is nothing wrong with just password protecting your data file.  It all depends on your comfort level that any of your personal files on your computer won't be accessed or damaged.   
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @KM

You are very welcome!

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns.

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.