Capital One Card not syncing

Options
emmcmahon
emmcmahon Member
Hi, A couple of months ago my Capital One account stopped syncing. This is the error message is attached as a screen shot. How do I fix this? Eileen

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @emmcmahon

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with your Capital One account(s).

To start with, I suggest that you try to reset your Quicken Cloud. Doing so does not affect your data file nor other Cloud Accounts (if applicable). Please, follow the instructions below in order to do so.
    1. Navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu 
    2. Preferences... 
    3. Mobile, Web & Alerts
    4. Use the toggle button on the left to turn Sync OFF 
    5. Click Disable Sync
    6. Navigate to Connected Services
    7. Click Reset (click Reset again on the pop-up box)
    8. Once the Reset completes, navigate back to Mobile, Web & Alerts
    9. Use the toggle button on the left to turn Sync ON
    10. Click Enable Sync
    Once that is done, go back to Mobile, Web & Alerts to select/deselect the accounts as desired and see if the issue still continues to persist.

Please let me know how this goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• DM_8672
    DM_8672 Member
    Options
    same error... same time frame (stopped working 2-months ago). I did the 10 step process above. NO LUCK
  • DM_8672
    DM_8672 Member
    Options
    Get an "Institutional Login Sync Error" BID = 7492.
    Quicken no longer syncs data from Capital One Credit Card. After the last update, I had to reauthorize Quicken access to my Capital One Credit Card. Unfortunately, I can only get to the part where Capital One says 'Success autorizing... you will now be taken back to Quicken" and nothing happens. If I manually go back to Quicken, I have to start the authorization again, and again, nothing happens.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @emmcmahon & @DM_8672,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue with Capital One that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• curtisn5660
    curtisn5660 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm also getting errors with Capital One.
    Error code: BID = 7492
    Error code: BID = 1236

Deluxe
    macOS 12.5
    Version 6.8.3 (Build 608.44884.100)
  • bbmcbroom
    bbmcbroom Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am too! Capital One -
    Error Code: BID = 20754
  • Mike Honcho
    Mike Honcho Member ✭✭
    Options
    Still not working as of 3 August with the same reauthorization "loop". Same symptoms as DM_8672 with Error code: BID = 7492.
  • jjencebo
    jjencebo Member
    Options
    Mine hasn't been working either. Continue to get error BID-7492. This has been going on for at least a month
  • MEL30
    MEL30 Member
    Options
    Also getting the BID 1236 error trying to download from Capital One. When is this going to be fixed by Quicken?
  • MattTurpin
    MattTurpin Unconfirmed, Member
    Options
    This is still a problem - When is it going to be fixed!??
  • dirtbagdad
    dirtbagdad Member ✭✭
    Options
    Seeing this error as well trying to add a new account from Capital one. Also BID = 1236 error.
  • JanMac
    JanMac Member
    Options
    August 17........ Error Code BID=20754 continues......please continue to push Capital One to fix this
  • Mike Honcho
    Mike Honcho Member ✭✭
    Options
    As of early August my connection to Capital One started working again, without error. I tried a couple of times to reconnect the account to Quicken and it did NOT work. Eventually, it just started working. I use Quicken Deluxe Version 6.8.3 using macOS 12.5. I hope this helps.
  • 2kids1dog
    2kids1dog Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am disappointed that there is still no fix for this. Is this a Quicken issue or a Capital One issue?
  • AustinL
    AustinL Member
    Options
    Same issue for me. Syncing with Capital One Card Services stopped working about a week ago. I reset my cloud account, but no luck.

Quicken: Version 6.9.0 (Build 609.45401.100)
    macOS 12.5.1
    Error code: BID = 7492
  • RMRichards
    Options
    Institutional Login Sync Error. BID=7492. Going on 2 months now.

Entering transactions manually is getting old very quickly. Those of us with Capital One accounts are soon going to have to seek an alternative to Quicken.

The fact that they've let this drag on as long as they have with no solution in sight does not bode well.
  • Cola1
    Cola1 Member
    Options
    I just got this today ... any resolution happening?
  • curious-person
    Options
    For me this is now 2 weeks getting BID-7492 error. Attempted to Reset Connection and Change connection type. Not working. Please help.
  • 2kids1dog
    2kids1dog Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have started to download my CapOne transactions from its website. It's pretty easy, they import into Quicken directly.
  • Ashburne
    Options
    Interesting that there are different Error codes for this. I'm on a Mac and have been getting 20754. Having this same problem for months myself. Sigh.
  • RMRichards
    Options
    It’s clear after all these months that Quicken has chosen to abandon its Capital One customers rather than fix their malfunctioning software. Downloading manually is a temporary fix but obviously not an acceptable solution.

Those of with Capital One thus must choose between switching banks and switching software. The good news is that Personal Capital (there are others) works perfectly with all my Capital One accounts. I had no choice but to migrate after 30+ years with Quicken.

When cancelling your Quicken subscription, remember you’re entitled to a prorated refund from the date your Capital One account stopped working.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ashburne said:
    Interesting that there are different Error codes for this. I'm on a Mac and have been getting 20754. Having this same problem for months myself. Sigh.
    If you're talking about the BID = 12345 "error code".
    That's a red herring. This should have been programmed to better identify the actual error.
    The BID number is an internal bank ID number, to identify which bank connection you are using:
    • BID =  7492: Capital One Card Services
    • BID =  1236: Capital One 360
    • BID = 20754: Capital One Card - Current
    For Mac users, the underlying error most likely is "error 101", Windows users: "error CC 501"

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• 2kids1dog
    2kids1dog Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @RMRichards said:
    > It’s clear after all these months that Quicken has chosen to abandon its Capital One customers rather than fix their malfunctioning software. Downloading manually is a temporary fix but obviously not an acceptable solution.
    >
    > Those of with Capital One thus must choose between switching banks and switching software. The good news is that Personal Capital (there are others) works perfectly with all my Capital One accounts. I had no choice but to migrate after 30+ years with Quicken.
    >
    > When cancelling your Quicken subscription, remember you’re entitled to a prorated refund from the date your Capital One account stopped working.

I reached out to CapitalOne because I thought maybe they would put pressure on Quicken to fix this, if they thought their customer would stop using their cards. They are the ones who told me about the ability to download. It's a workaround, but I really can't understand why Quicken declines to solve this.
  • Guy Weglarz
    Guy Weglarz Member ✭✭
    Options
    I feel the same way. Now paying an annual fee and Quicken does not work with Capital One. This has been an issue for quite some time. Downloading manually is not what I am paying for. I also have been with Quicken for 30+ years. Maybe it is time for me to fly...
  • mudkip177
    mudkip177 Member
    Options
    Quicken has neglected their customers before. Each time I want to switch but I have had a hard time finding suitable software alternatives. I want the data on my machine not on one owned by others. Eventually the issue gets resolved but not before sowing distrust. All suggestions appreciated
  • mudkip177
    mudkip177 Member
    Options
    I just downloaded MoneyDance. I'll let you know how it works out.
  • soCal Person
    Options
    @lisajoydb YOU ARE A GENIUS!!! Worked like a charm. I can't believe that it took a user to figure this out when Quicken supposedly " escalated internally" this promblem. Total BS and they charge a annual subscription and are going to use your solution to the problem
  • 2kids1dog
    2kids1dog Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Quicken Anja A commenter above posted the solution to this problem. I hope Quicken will now do something to alert its users that this issue can be fixed.
  • Dana Fisher
    Options
    @lisajoydb WORKED FOR ME, TOO!! Many thanks for figuring it out and posting a solution.
This discussion has been closed.