Use specific memorized payee

mootz
mootz Member ✭✭
New post with screen shot. I am running Quicken starter with latest update and Windows 10 latest update.

Problem using ‘customize toolbar’...

I add 'use a specific memorized payee' to the toolbar. When I select the memorized payee from the toolbar, it adds the payee to the account register. Then, after running ‘one step update’ successfully for all financial accounts and then select one the specific memorized payees from the toolbar, I always get the message ‘transaction no longer available. would you like to redefine this icon?’.

It then works after redefining it, but when I run ‘one step update’ again, I get the same message.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    mootz said:
    New post with screen shot. I am running Quicken starter with latest update and Windows 10 latest update.

Problem using ‘customize toolbar’...

I add 'use a specific memorized payee' to the toolbar. When I select the memorized payee from the toolbar, it adds the payee to the account register. Then, after running ‘one step update’ successfully for all financial accounts and then select one the specific memorized payees from the toolbar, I always get the message ‘transaction no longer available. would you like to redefine this icon?’.

It then works after redefining it, but when I run ‘one step update’ again, I get the same message.
    Hello @mootz

I do apologize about this issue with with Memorized Payees seeming to disappear after One Step Updates. 

First, where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by going to File > Show this file on my computer in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Make sure that the current active data file is located on your computer and not on an external hard drive or cloud-based storage service. 

If and when your data file is located on your computer, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu mentioned previously, then follow the steps listed below:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists. 

If you are still noticing difficulties after you have attempted those recommendations, you may try the following:

• Navigate to File
      • Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
      • Select Super Validate File
      • Click OK
      • Close the Data Log
      • Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
      • Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I look forward to hearing back from you about your results. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I don't believe there is anything wrong with @mootz's data file.

I remember seeing this discussed in another thread.  It seems that you can't save a Memorized Payee to the toolbar.  It saves, but when you go to use it again it gives the error message that @mootz posted.  It is like it saves a "reference to the memorized payee" that becomes invalid later.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Note, maybe I'm wrong.  I tried to reproduce this, but can't.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.