Qucken hangs when attemtpting to open checking account.

Schantz
Schantz Member
When I attempt to open my checking account quicken hangs and I am forced to close the program and then relaunch it. I have the latest program update (R41.19) and I have validated my 30-year-old data file and found no errors. Any other account opens with no problems. If I open another account first, and then return to checking, I can open my checking account with no issues. This started about the first week in June. I have Quicken H&B for Windows and am running Win 10. This problem occurs 100% of the time. No problems with any other part of the program.
Tagged:

Comments

• Schantz
    Schantz Member
    I forgot to add that I have reloaded Quicken twice and also reinstalled Windows 10 to see if that did anything. it didn't.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Schantz said:
    I forgot to add that I have reloaded Quicken twice and also reinstalled Windows 10 to see if that did anything. it didn't.
    Hello @Schantz

I am sorry about this issue with hanging screens. Thank you for speaking with us about this issue here on the Quicken Community.

First, are you noticing that this hanging occurs only when trying to access one particular checking account? If so, you could save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen and then create a 'test' data file by going to the same menu and selecting New Quicken File... Next, choose New Quicken File in the screen that follows, and then click OK. After this, choose a file location on your computer and then click Save. Choose Don't use mobile and web when prompted.

Try adding this checking account exclusively by going to the "+" button in the upper left-hand corner at the top of the screen. I am curious whether you notice this hanging and crashing issue in the test file.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.