Balancing Cash Adjustment

Options
System
System Member admin
edited August 2022 in Investing (Windows)
This discussion was created from comments split from: Investment - "Bought" not changing cash balance.

Comments

• cc7173
    cc7173 Member
    Options
    I have 529 accounts for my kids that I track manually in Quicken. I just noticed that, beginning in Dec. 2021, the monthly share purchases that I enter manually started being entered as placeholders, which did not impact the cash balance in those accounts. Just now, I changed the preferences for Investment Transactions to "show hidden transactions." I see that, in addition to the manually entered transfer of cash from my checking account into each 529 account each month, since December, Quicken been adding a transfer in for the same amount, which it describes as a "Balancing Cash Adjustment." I have no idea why this started happening in December. Quicken will not let me delete the Balancing Cash Adjustment transactions.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cc7173 said:
    I have 529 accounts for my kids that I track manually in Quicken. I just noticed that, beginning in Dec. 2021, the monthly share purchases that I enter manually started being entered as placeholders, which did not impact the cash balance in those accounts. Just now, I changed the preferences for Investment Transactions to "show hidden transactions." I see that, in addition to the manually entered transfer of cash from my checking account into each 529 account each month, since December, Quicken been adding a transfer in for the same amount, which it describes as a "Balancing Cash Adjustment." I have no idea why this started happening in December. Quicken will not let me delete the Balancing Cash Adjustment transactions.
    Hello @cc7173

I am sorry to hear about this issue with Balancing Cash Adjustments. Thank you for speaking with us about this here on the Quicken Community. 

First, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Next, try locating and removing the placeholders first, and then try to delete the Balancing Cash Adjustments in the register. 

I look forward to hearing back from you about whether or not you are able to delete the Balancing Cash Adjustments, if you have the chance to drop by and discuss this once again.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.