Disappearing transactions?

Options
Dick Niemiec
Dick Niemiec Member ✭✭
I've used Quicken for Windows for over 25-years on a Mac with Parallels Desktop. When I reconciled three accounts last month all had a few very old missing transactions. With effort I was able to restore the transactions since I do a monthly backup on Excel. After restoring one of the accounts had an incorrect balance. If this is a one-time glitch I can live with it but if it's a systematic problem I need a better solution.

I'd appreciate any insight. Thanks!!

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've used Quicken for Windows for over 25-years on a Mac with Parallels Desktop. When I reconciled three accounts last month all had a few very old missing transactions. With effort I was able to restore the transactions since I do a monthly backup on Excel. After restoring one of the accounts had an incorrect balance. If this is a one-time glitch I can live with it but if it's a systematic problem I need a better solution.

I'd appreciate any insight. Thanks!!
    Hello @Dick Niemiec,   

I am sorry to hear about this problem with transactions disappearing. Thank you for looking to the Quicken Community for additional information and discussion of this issue.

Where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by navigating to File > Show this file on my computer in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Make sure that the data file is located locally on your computer, and not on an external hard drive or cloud-based storage service, as these locations can cause erratic behavior and even data damage.

I look forward to hearing more from you about this.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Dick Niemiec
    Dick Niemiec Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I've restored a backup file to try to locate the missing transactions so will check out where my primary file is located shortly.
This discussion has been closed.