DONE button disappears from One Step Update transaction window

Options
kitsap
kitsap Member ✭✭
After downloading transactions from Discover credit card and accepting one of them, the Done button at the bottom of the transaction window disappears. To get the Done button back you must collapse and then expand the transaction window.

The program does not work this way for other credit card accounts.

Been this way through the past several updates.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    kitsap said:
    After downloading transactions from Discover credit card and accepting one of them, the Done button at the bottom of the transaction window disappears. To get the Done button back you must collapse and then expand the transaction window.

The program does not work this way for other credit card accounts.

Been this way through the past several updates.
    Hello @kitsap,      

I am sorry to hear about this situation with missing menu options in the Accept Transactions window. Thank you for bringing this to our attention here on the Quicken Community.  

What connection method are you currently making use of in order to add or link your accounts to online banking services? Please note that you can verify this anytime by going to Tools > Account List and then clicking on the Edit button in the row associated with the affected accounts. Next, go to the Online Services tab in the new window that appears afterward. The information we are looking for should be found under the Online Setup callout box.

Also, if you have the chance, you could save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen and then create a 'test' data file by going to the same menu and selecting New Quicken File... Next, choose New Quicken File in the screen that follows, and then click OK. After this, choose a file location on your computer and then click Save. Choose Don't use mobile and web when prompted. 

You would then add your Discover accounts, exclusively, by navigating to the Add Account button '+' in the upper left-hand corner of the screen. I am curious if this missing Done button can be reproduced in the test file. 

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • kitsap
    kitsap Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. The connection method is Direct Connect.

I did not understand what you wanted me to do with the 'test' data file. I do not have mobile or web access activated now.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you're talking about the Downloaded Transactions tab at the bottom of your register ...
    It should have a vertical scroll bar so that you can scroll up or down the list of downloaded transactions and reach the buttons at the bottom.
    You can also make the tab area larger, if needed. Sometimes increasing its size by a fraction of an inch may solve your problem. To do so, ...

• Quicken Jared
    Options
    kitsap said:
    Thanks for your reply. The connection method is Direct Connect.

I did not understand what you wanted me to do with the 'test' data file. I do not have mobile or web access activated now.
    Hello @kitsap,   

I do apologize for any confusion that my previous post may have caused. Thanks for getting back to me with information about your connection method.

I am wondering if you notice that the Done button is missing in the Accept Transactions window in the test file; it had sounded as though this was only being noticed in your accounts associated with Discover. You may add accounts associated with additional financial institutions if you are noticing the error reproduced in the registers connected to those accounts.

I hope that clarifies the previous troubleshooting recommendations.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • kitsap
    kitsap Member ✭✭
    Options
    @UKR

Yes, there is a vertical scroll bar at the right side of the downloaded transaction window. Scrolling to the bottom of the window does not reveal a Done button. I do not find it possible to change the vertical size of the transaction window. The only way to get the Done button back is to collapse and expand the window.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    @kitsap - next time this happens, put your mouse pointer on the Title Bar of the window, hold down your left mouse button and move the window slightly.  This will force the window to resize and then you would be able to change the size of the window permanently by using the "double arrow" cursor resize the window.

The Title Bar is the strip at the top of the window.  I can be different colors depending on the window and your settings.
  • kitsap
    kitsap Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Quicken Jared said:
    > Hello @kitsap,   
    >
    > <<snip>>
    > I am wondering if you notice that the Done button is missing in the Accept Transactions window in the test file; it had sounded as though this was only being noticed in your accounts associated with Discover. You may add accounts associated with additional financial institutions if you are noticing the error reproduced in the registers connected to those accounts.
    >
    > I hope that clarifies the previous troubleshooting recommendations.
    >  
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Quicken Jared 

@Quicken Jared,

I don't have enough activity on Discover for there to be transactions to download every day. Will have to check in a few days. The Done button is not missing on other credit card accounts such as Citi Bank Visa.

Still not clear what you want me to do with the 'test' file.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kitsap said:
    @UKR

Yes, there is a vertical scroll bar at the right side of the downloaded transaction window. Scrolling to the bottom of the window does not reveal a Done button. I do not find it possible to change the vertical size of the transaction window. The only way to get the Done button back is to collapse and expand the window.
    The Downloaded Transactions tab area must be open for the vertical adjustment to work.
    Just move the mouse pointer to the bottom of the blue new transaction entry line, as shown in my image. Slowly move it up and down until it changes to a vertical double arrow. Click, hold the button and (within limits) drag the mouse up or down until you reach the desired tab area size. Sometimes a small adjustment does the trick.

• Quicken Jared
    Options
    kitsap said:
    > @Quicken Jared said:
    > Hello @kitsap,   
    >
    > <<snip>>
    > I am wondering if you notice that the Done button is missing in the Accept Transactions window in the test file; it had sounded as though this was only being noticed in your accounts associated with Discover. You may add accounts associated with additional financial institutions if you are noticing the error reproduced in the registers connected to those accounts.
    >
    > I hope that clarifies the previous troubleshooting recommendations.
    >  
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Quicken Jared 

@Quicken Jared,

I don't have enough activity on Discover for there to be transactions to download every day. Will have to check in a few days. The Done button is not missing on other credit card accounts such as Citi Bank Visa.

Still not clear what you want me to do with the 'test' file.
    Hello @kitsap

Thanks for continuing to follow up with me about this.

Are you able to add your Discover accounts in the test file by clicking on the '+' button in the upper left-hand corner, then entering your banking credentials when prompted? Were you able to download transactions as usual in the added accounts, if so? 

I hope to hear more about your results. 

Thank you,   

Quicken Jared 
  • kitsap
    kitsap Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @UKR said:
    > The Downloaded Transactions tab area must be open for the vertical adjustment to work.
    > Just move the mouse pointer to the bottom of the blue new transaction entry line, as shown in my image. Slowly move it up and down until it changes to a vertical double arrow. Click, hold the button and (within limits) drag the mouse up or down until you reach the desired tab area size. Sometimes a small adjustment does the trick.

OK I was able to adjust the size of the downloaded transactions window even with no downloaded transactions. Had the window open, I was not going high enough with the cursor. Will have to wait for some downloaded transactions to see if it has an impact on the Done button. Thank you!
  • kitsap
    kitsap Member ✭✭
    Options
    I adjusted the vertical size of the downloaded transaction window to the point the scroll bar disappeared. Downloaded transactions and reviewed/accepted each of them. When I was through, the Done button was available to use and complete the reconcile action.

Thank you all for responding. The key was describing the edge of the downloaded transaction window as being just below the blue highlighted new transaction in the register.
This discussion has been closed.