Accept window beneath register no longer showing
edited August 2022 in Registers & Transactions (Windows)
The window below the account that allows you to accept transactions separately or accept all is no longer appearing. I used this feature regularly and would like to know how to be able to view it again.
bxl said:The window below the account that allows you to accept transactions separately or accept all is no longer appearing. I used this feature regularly and would like to know how to be able to view it again.
I apologize for any confusion or frustration caused by this issue with the Accept Transactions window. Thank you for taking the chance to speak with us about this here on the Quicken Community.
First, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Next, navigate to Edit > Preferences > Downloaded transactions and make sure that the box next to Automatically add to banking registers is not checked.
Let me know if this works.
1. Started computer (Dell XPS, Windows 10)
2. Started Quicken
a. For the first time ever, the "home" screen is completely different. Why? I have no idea
3. Created a complete backup
a. Backup completed successfully
4. No change. Accept window beneath is not there, although there is a new transaction (a transfer I made yesterday) with a blue dot next to it and the text "New." In the Clr column there is "c."
In the recent past, there would have been a window beneath the last entry with any new transactions that could be accepted and there was a button to accept all ransactions. I have been using Quicken from shortly after it was released until now.
5. I pressed exit Quicken, got the back up prompt, backed up the file successfully
6. When I restarted Quicken, the aforemention transfer no longer had the blue dot or the new designation.
7. Is there anyway to get this useful feature back? It has worked perfectly for years with the "automatically add to banking registers" in the Download preferences. This began to happen after one of the seemingly never ending Quicken updates.-1
The Bill and Income Reminders tab and the Downloaded Transactions tab do not show at the bottom of the register if the account has been set to "automatically accept downloaded transactions into your register". You need to turn it off, either globally or for the specific account register
Where are the "Auto-accept downloaded transaction" settings?
There are two places where this is controlled in Quicken for Windows:
- Globally, for all accounts, in Edit / Preferences / Downloaded Transactions
- For each account individually, the global setting can be overridden from the Edit Account Details screen, Online Services Tab. Look for blue text "Automatic Entry is: ON / OFF". Click the text to change the setting.0
This discussion has been closed.