How to cancel failed payment

Options
I scheduled a payment to a Chase account for June 24.  Not sure if it has any thing to do with the latest changes at Chase, but for some reason, the payment never processed.  Quicken just shows it as Processing, but the money was never taken out of my account or paid to Chase.  But it won't let me cancel or void it.  How do I get rid of it?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Hello @PeterK,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you have been experiencing this issue with Chase Bill Presentment. 

I suggest you try to Review and Repair Payments. However, I do recommend that you save a backup of your data file first (just in case). After that, please navigate to the Bills & Income tab and click on the gear icon on the top-right. Then, click on Review and Repair > Review and Repair Payments in the dropdown menu.

I would also like to make you aware that this could be due to Chase Bill Presentment having been discontinued as of June 30th. Nevertheless, please do check back in and let me know what occurs. 

Looking forward to hearing your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• starrdd49
    starrdd49 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I was attempting to clean up issues in Bill Manager and ran "review and repair payments and the process recreated /duplicates10 previous payments ($5882.35) in my check register and marked them as "placeholder for Check Pay Transactions . I cant delete or cancel them and I am concerned that Check Pay is going to pay them all over again and blow up in checking account ! HELP !!!! Where id the doc on this process ?
  • starrdd49
    starrdd49 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    One of the duplicates "placeholder" transactions.

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    starrdd49 said:
    One of the duplicates "placeholder" transactions.

Hello @starrdd49,    

I am sorry about this issue with duplicate placeholders. Thank you for that helpful screenshot, although always be sure to redacted personal identifying information as necessary. 

First, have you tried holding Ctrl+D after highlighting these transactions in the register? What happens after you attempt this? Also, where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by going to File > Show this file on my computer in the upper menu at the top of the screen.

I look forward to your response. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.