Ongoing Schwab Issues

Options
Cycler 154
Cycler 154 Member ✭✭
Still multiple issues with Schwab accounts. Direct Connect does not work with Schwab. Reverts to Web Connect. Balances are off, particularly cash account requiring manual updates. Account gains are not updated or visible when looking at a portfolio. Essentially most of the functionality is somewhat worthless. It requires going to Schwab for the complete picture. Somewhat defeats the purpose of the software. These problems should have been fixed by now. We are at eight months now since Schwab made the changes. Plenty of time to solve these issues. When will these issues be rectified?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Still multiple issues with Schwab accounts. Direct Connect does not work with Schwab. Reverts to Web Connect. Balances are off, particularly cash account requiring manual updates. Account gains are not updated or visible when looking at a portfolio. Essentially most of the functionality is somewhat worthless. It requires going to Schwab for the complete picture. Somewhat defeats the purpose of the software. These problems should have been fixed by now. We are at eight months now since Schwab made the changes. Plenty of time to solve these issues. When will these issues be rectified?
    Hello @Cycler 154

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing these issues with online banking. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community. 

First, what happens when you are trying to make use of the Direct Connect method? Are you receiving any particular error messages? If not, what symptoms are you noticing? Secondly, have you been in contact with Charles Schwab support in relation to the connection method?

I look forward to hearing your replies, and I hope to work with you on additional troubleshooting in this matter. 

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • QknConfused
    QknConfused Member ✭✭
    Options
    One Schwab account is still not linking to Quicken. I go through the entire set up procedure with Schwab, ending with Schwab declaring "Congratulations, you're all set up. You'll be returned to Quicken"
    Then I get the rotating blue arc for 5 minutes or so, before Quicken tells me I've been timed out. Suggestions please.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One Schwab account is still not linking to Quicken. I go through the entire set up procedure with Schwab, ending with Schwab declaring "Congratulations, you're all set up. You'll be returned to Quicken"
    Then I get the rotating blue arc for 5 minutes or so, before Quicken tells me I've been timed out. Suggestions please.
    Hello @QknConfused

I am sorry to hear about these issues with freezes and program hanging. Thank you for letting me know more about this. 

First, have you tried uninstalling the Quicken program using the steps listed in this Support Article, then removing Quicken from the Program Files (x86)? You may then reinstall the program using the steps listed here.

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • lharrismd1
    lharrismd1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    This issue has been going on since November. I have to turn off updating for all Schwab accounts regularly as the transactions end up in incorrect accounts (due to the matching final 3 digit error which has never been fixed). If I turn on one account and download, and then turn it back off I can sometimes get correct transactions into correct accounts. There are a huge number of leftover bugs with Schwab downloads in general, including the inability to sort the downloaded transaction list in any way. So many hours wasted. This is a set of bugs never fixed. No one really seems to look at the bug reports or error reports without a phone call from the "customer", which means the "customer has to waste even more of their time. Uninstall and reinstall is another time waster.
  • dedugan
    dedugan Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    This problem has existed since November 2021. I have spent over 100 hours trying to resolve it, including some six 1+ hours on the phone with Quicken. I finally gave up and cancelled Quicken, telling myself I'll come back when Quicken fixes it. So, every month or so I check this place and find the problem still exists. Sometimes I call Quicken to check on the status and am told it's not yet fixed but it is being worked on.
    [Removed - Rant] 
This discussion has been closed.