Why does the scheduled update work sometimes?

Options
fschmid
fschmid Member ✭✭✭
I have scheduled Update to run when I start my computer and login. I enter my password in the Quicken Update window and everything works except syncing to the Cloud. But if for some reason the Scheduled Update does not start right away and I do not see the Quicken Update window and I start Quicken, when I do see the window that ask for the password and I enter the password, it tells me that it is the wrong password. But if I run Update in Quicken afterwards using the same password it works. This is strange behavior.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fschmid said:
    I have scheduled Update to run when I start my computer and login. I enter my password in the Quicken Update window and everything works except syncing to the Cloud. But if for some reason the Scheduled Update does not start right away and I do not see the Quicken Update window and I start Quicken, when I do see the window that ask for the password and I enter the password, it tells me that it is the wrong password. But if I run Update in Quicken afterwards using the same password it works. This is strange behavior.
    Hello @fschmid

I am sorry to hear about this ongoing problem with Scheduled Updates. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Next, navigate to Edit > Preferences and then click the Mobile & Web tab in the left-hand panel of the window that appears and click Reset your cloud data, then close Quicken for at least 5 seconds and reopen the program to see if this error is continuing.

I look forward to hearing about how this works. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.