quicken is STILL corrupting payees

Options
Frisky070802
Frisky070802 Member ✭✭
s

I pointed out a few months ago that Quicken had caused me to pay the wrong online payee. https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7911670/quicken-is-corrupting-my-payees#latest

That thread is closed so I can only open a new one. I've had at least 2-3 quicken updates since then, and I hoped it would fix that bug, but no! This time it wasn't a case of it happening when it popped up an alert about changing the date, as I recalled before. It simply silently changed it to the last payee I used. My lawn mowing guy was about to get thousands of dollars intended for property tax!

FIX THIS!!!!!!!

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    :s

I pointed out a few months ago that Quicken had caused me to pay the wrong online payee. https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7911670/quicken-is-corrupting-my-payees#latest

That thread is closed so I can only open a new one. I've had at least 2-3 quicken updates since then, and I hoped it would fix that bug, but no! This time it wasn't a case of it happening when it popped up an alert about changing the date, as I recalled before. It simply silently changed it to the last payee I used. My lawn mowing guy was about to get thousands of dollars intended for property tax!

FIX THIS!!!!!!!
    Hello @Frisky070802,      

I am sorry to hear that this issue with payees is continuing. Thanks for drawing our attention to this problem once again. 

I am somewhat unclear: were you originally experiencing this problem with one particular account or biller? Have you reached out to the financial institutions associated with the biller or account, if so?

If you are experiencing this issue with multiple accounts and payees, it may be helpful to check the data file location by navigating to File > Show this file on my computer in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Make sure that the data file is not located on an external drive or cloud-based storage service, as these can cause erratic program behavior and even data damage.

I look forward to hearing more from you about this, and I hope to work with you on this problem further, if necessary.  

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Frisky070802
    Frisky070802 Member ✭✭
    Options
    It’s the only bank since I don’t do online banking with anyone else. It’s a local file. It’s definitely a quicken bug and not relating to the bank since it altered the payee before I ever synchronized online.

I’m fairly sure it has only happened when I enter a scheduled transaction manually.

Please please fix this!
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    It’s the only bank since I don’t do online banking with anyone else. It’s a local file. It’s definitely a quicken bug and not relating to the bank since it altered the payee before I ever synchronized online.

I’m fairly sure it has only happened when I enter a scheduled transaction manually.

Please please fix this!
    Hello @Frisky070802,     

Thank you for reaching out to me about this once more. I do apologize that this issue is continuing.

First, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Also, are you noticing any inconsistencies when you navigate to Tools > Memorized Payee List in the upper menu at the top of the screen? Are you making use of any Renaming Rules at the moment that may be affecting your Payees? Next, look to the following instructions if nothing appears out of the ordinary here. 

Since the issue is ongoing, follow the steps listed below, in order:
    1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists. 

If you are still noticing difficulties after you have attempted those recommendations, you may try the following:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    I am curious to hear whether or not these issues with memorized payees continue after following the steps listed above. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Frisky070802
    Frisky070802 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I tried that the last time this occurred. [Removed - Disruptive] 
  • Quicken Jared
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I tried that the last time this occurred. [Removed - Disruptive]
    Hello @Frisky070802

Thanks for getting back to me regarding the results of this troubleshooting recommendation. 

One other option left to us is to try copying your data file. Please note that doing so will disconnect all online services in the copied data file, and that it will be necessary to reactivate all online account connections, online Bill Manager services, and all online notifications in the new copy of the data file. Also, a new data set will be created in the new data file, should you intend to use that as your primary data file, going forward.

With that in mind, if you wish to continue, follow these steps, in order:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Copy or Backup File...
    3. Select Create a copy or template
    4. Click Next 
    5. Select a file location on your computer
    6. Click Save Copy
    7. Select New Copy
    8. Click OK
    Let us know how this works. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared