How to add tranfers of funds between accounts in each opposing acct.

Options
vjsmore
vjsmore Member ✭✭
Here's what i mean. I used to have a PC and am now on a MAC. On the PC I could enter a transfer from my savings to checking and the entry would appear on the opposing acct in reverse. Credit to my checking and debit to my savings. Now that does not happen. How do I make it happen?

Best Answer

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    There are a couple different ways to do this. 

One is with the Transfer column. This is not displayed by default, so you'll need to select the Columns button in the lower right corner & add a check mark next to Transfer (this is a per-account setting so you'll need to do it for each account). Once you've done that, when entering a transaction you can enter the account the money is being moved to in the Transfer column:

The other way is to do it within the Category column. Go into Quicken Preferences, and in the Register panel, select "Allow creation of linked transfers using the category field" (you only need to do this once, it's an application-wide setting). Now when entering a transfer you can type the word "Transfer" in the Category field and select the account you want to transfer the money to:
    Either way, the transfer shows up in the destination account:

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    There are a couple different ways to do this. 

One is with the Transfer column. This is not displayed by default, so you'll need to select the Columns button in the lower right corner & add a check mark next to Transfer (this is a per-account setting so you'll need to do it for each account). Once you've done that, when entering a transaction you can enter the account the money is being moved to in the Transfer column:

The other way is to do it within the Category column. Go into Quicken Preferences, and in the Register panel, select "Allow creation of linked transfers using the category field" (you only need to do this once, it's an application-wide setting). Now when entering a transfer you can type the word "Transfer" in the Category field and select the account you want to transfer the money to:
    Either way, the transfer shows up in the destination account:

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• vjsmore
    vjsmore Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks so very much, Jon!! switching to MAC has been a bit of oa learning curve.
This discussion has been closed.