Quicken hangs doing a "Set up Now" to reset Schwab online account

Options
jameskiso
jameskiso Member
I have been having the same Schwab online account download problems as most people, so I deactivated my Schwab online connection (which wouldn't update) and attempted to do a Setup Now of a new online connection. It immediately hangs the application (as if there's a hidden dialog box somewhere, but no window swapping via keyboard makes the dialog visible and the app is 0% CPU thereafter). I've repeated this four or five times with the same results.

I'm running R41.19.

I've seen other discussions of a similar issue over the last few months, but no mentions of a resolution. As I'm running a newer rev than those with the earlier problems, I would have expected some improvement, so I'm re-reporting this.
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jameskiso said:
    I have been having the same Schwab online account download problems as most people, so I deactivated my Schwab online connection (which wouldn't update) and attempted to do a Setup Now of a new online connection. It immediately hangs the application (as if there's a hidden dialog box somewhere, but no window swapping via keyboard makes the dialog visible and the app is 0% CPU thereafter). I've repeated this four or five times with the same results.

I'm running R41.19.

I've seen other discussions of a similar issue over the last few months, but no mentions of a resolution. As I'm running a newer rev than those with the earlier problems, I would have expected some improvement, so I'm re-reporting this.
    Hello @jamskiso

I apologize about these issues with program hanging and crashing. Thank you so much for looking to the Quicken Community for assistance.

First, have you attempted uninstalling the Quicken software using the steps listed in this Support Article? If so, be sure to delete the Quicken folder from the Program Files (x86) after doing so, then reinstall the software using the steps listed here.

I look forward to hearing about your results, and I hope to continue working with you on this, if necessary.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

This discussion has been closed.