Truist and troublesome bill pay

Options
jschaffe
jschaffe Member ✭✭✭✭
My wife and I have recently experienced that some bill transactions go into the waiting state and stay that way when we try to upload them to Truist Bank.  They do not appear on the Truist web site, but cannot be deleted from Quicken.  Creating a duplicate transaction typically goes through but only after generating a duplicate transaction message.  Now we have two identical transactions in the Quicken register. Neither can be deleted.  The only way we've found out of the situation is to Cancel and Edit (Cancel and delete does not work) one of the transactions, which puts it back into the to-be-sent state. Now it can be deleted.  Any suggestions?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jschaffe said:
    My wife and I have recently experienced that some bill transactions go into the waiting state and stay that way when we try to upload them to Truist Bank.  They do not appear on the Truist web site, but cannot be deleted from Quicken.  Creating a duplicate transaction typically goes through but only after generating a duplicate transaction message.  Now we have two identical transactions in the Quicken register. Neither can be deleted.  The only way we've found out of the situation is to Cancel and Edit (Cancel and delete does not work) one of the transactions, which puts it back into the to-be-sent state. Now it can be deleted.  Any suggestions?
    Hello @jschaffe

I am sorry about this issue with bills. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community.

Would you be willing and able to provide screenshots of what steps you are taking when you are creating these bill transactions, with personal information redacted, as necessary? You can upload screenshots to the Quicken Community using the steps listed in this FAQ. You can also drag and drop images into your comment before it has been posted, if that proves easier. 

I look forward to hearing more from you about this. 

Thanks again,

Quicken Jared 

• jschaffe
    jschaffe Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Next time we encounter the problem, we'll document the steps.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jschaffe said:
    Next time we encounter the problem, we'll document the steps.
    @jschaffe

Understood. Thanks for working with us on this issue.

Feel free to reach out again with any other questions or concerns.

Regards,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.