CC-503 error with Coast Capital Savings Credit Union

Options
Mr Biggs
Mr Biggs Member ✭✭
I am not able to connect to Coast Capital Savings account, my login and password is correct, resetting account did not work, deactivate and add account did not work, this has been an on-going issue for the past week, I submitted a report, how to resolve??

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr Biggs said:
    I am not able to connect to Coast Capital Savings account, my login and password is correct, resetting account did not work, deactivate and add account did not work, this has been an on-going issue for the past week, I submitted a report, how to resolve??
    Hello @Mr Biggs

I am sorry to hear about these problems with CC-503 error messages and online banking services. Thank you for looking to the Quicken Community for assistance.

First, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Have you attempted the troubleshooting steps listed below, in addition to those you mentioned?

1. Launch Quicken and go to Tools > Password Vault > Add/Edit Passwords.
    2. Click on the account in the Password Vault.
    3. Choose Delete Password for the account.
    4. Complete a One Step Update, you will be prompted to enter the password manually.
    5. Type in the password (the same one used on the bank's website) and check in the box marked Save next to the password field.
    6. Click Update Now.

If the login ID or username also needs to be changed:

1. Choose Tools > Account List.
    2. Click the Edit button next to the account you want to change the login ID for.
    3. In the Account Details window, click the Online Services tab.
    4. Click Deactivate, and then click Yes to deactivate online services.
    5. Click Yes again, if necessary, to confirm your choice.
    6. Repeat these steps to deactivate all accounts at this same bank.
    7. Return to the Online Services tab, and click Set up Now for each account you've deactivated.
    8. Enter the correct login ID and follow the on-screen prompts to activate your account.
    You can read more about these steps in the article linked here.

I hope to hear back from you about this, if you should have the opportunity to discuss this further. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Mr Biggs
    Mr Biggs Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Jared:

As I had deactivated these accounts the passwords were not saved in my vault. I had tried earlier today to reconnect after deactivating but was not successful. However, I tried again a few minutes ago and did manage to add these accounts back, the connection to this credit union does not seem stable. This has been on-going for a week now, which seems random as my accounts have not changed. Could it be a Quicken issue, I have R41.10 - thanks for being available today to answer my question.
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    Mr Biggs said:
    Hi Jared:

As I had deactivated these accounts the passwords were not saved in my vault. I had tried earlier today to reconnect after deactivating but was not successful. However, I tried again a few minutes ago and did manage to add these accounts back, the connection to this credit union does not seem stable. This has been on-going for a week now, which seems random as my accounts have not changed. Could it be a Quicken issue, I have R41.10 - thanks for being available today to answer my question.
    Hello @Mr Biggs,   

I do apologize that the resolution for this issue remains unclear. Thanks for continuing to reach out and provide additional information about the situation as it unfolds.

Regarding whether or not this issue can be isolated to the software or data, we can assess this further by checking what connection method is being used to link these accounts. It sounds as though you were able to get some of your accounts to connect successfully, is that correct? You can check this anytime by going to Tools > Account List and then clicking on the Edit button in the row associated with the affected accounts. Next, go to the Online Services tab in the new window that appears afterward. The information we are looking for should be found under the Online Setup callout box.

Once this is known, we can look into the source of the issue with greater clarity. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Mr Biggs
    Mr Biggs Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Jared, the online services connection method is set to Express Web Connect, hope this helps.
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    Mr Biggs said:
    Hi Jared, the online services connection method is set to Express Web Connect, hope this helps.
    Hello @Mr Biggs

Thank you for checking back in with me and letting me know the connection method in use at the moment; this is, indeed, helpful. I do apologize that this issue is still ongoing.

Are you still able to connect to online banking services within the last 24 hours? Given the connection method, this does not seem to be a problem that can be isolated to the financial institution's servers at this stage, but I want to be clear on whether or not the error message is still appearing, or if there are any other symptoms involving account connectivity for now. You may consider changing your password in your online banking profile temporarily after closing Quicken, then updating it in Quicken as well, using the steps listed in this Support Article, paying special attention to If the Steps Above Didn't Resolve the Issue.

Let me know more about this if you can.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Mr Biggs
    Mr Biggs Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Jared:

The error still occurs today. However I did reset the account and was able to connect and download transactions. I will try your suggestion of creating a temporary password to see if that makes any difference.

Regards,

Keith
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    Mr Biggs said:
    Hi Jared:

The error still occurs today. However I did reset the account and was able to connect and download transactions. I will try your suggestion of creating a temporary password to see if that makes any difference.

Regards,

Keith
    @Mr Biggs,       

I see. Thanks for reaching out and letting me know about what is happening currently; I apologize that this issue seems to be ongoing. I look forward to hearing any future updates you may be able to provide, nonetheless.

Feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns. 

Thanks again,

Quicken Jared
  • Mr Biggs
    Mr Biggs Member ✭✭
    Options
    Jared, I updated my account password for the credit union, was not able to update it the vault, as the option to change was disabled, the "password stored" indicated not required, however, when I clicked on the key icon for the password, Quicken crashed, happened multiple times. Only solution was to delete the vault and add the accounts and password back. Once update, one step update did not work, still the same error, CC-503, resetting the account did not work, deactivating and adding the account back did not work, I had to close Quicken then add the accounts back to get it to connect and download, this seems problematic, not sure what has changed recently, unless it is an issue with this latest update. I cannot see having to do this each time I need to download data from the credit union, validate did not find any issues with this account, super validate did not find any issues with the data.
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    Mr Biggs said:
    Jared, I updated my account password for the credit union, was not able to update it the vault, as the option to change was disabled, the "password stored" indicated not required, however, when I clicked on the key icon for the password, Quicken crashed, happened multiple times. Only solution was to delete the vault and add the accounts and password back. Once update, one step update did not work, still the same error, CC-503, resetting the account did not work, deactivating and adding the account back did not work, I had to close Quicken then add the accounts back to get it to connect and download, this seems problematic, not sure what has changed recently, unless it is an issue with this latest update. I cannot see having to do this each time I need to download data from the credit union, validate did not find any issues with this account, super validate did not find any issues with the data.
    @Mr Biggs

I do apologize that so many frustrating steps seem to be necessary to achieve online banking connections. Thanks for getting back to me with so much detail about what is happening.

It would benefit us greatly in our troubleshooting if you could navigate to Help > Report a problem in the upper menu at the top of the screen and submit program log files along with any available screenshots of the issue and a brief description of the problem. Keep in mind that these logs are purely for investigative purposes and you will not receive a response through the submissions themselves, although the information will be forwarded to the proper channels. I cannot provide an ETA on a resolution at the moment, although this matter will be investigated further.

Feel free to reach out with any other questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Mr Biggs
    Mr Biggs Member ✭✭
    Options
    Will do, thanks Jared.
  • Mr Biggs
    Mr Biggs Member ✭✭
    Options
    hi Jared, the issue appears to be resolved now.

Regards,
    Keith Biggs
This discussion has been closed.