trouble updating accounts in Quicken

Options
RobbD
RobbD Member ✭✭
It's been going on for at least a week I can't get updates to American Express, Bank of America and Discover Card. I get unable to establish an internet connection. yet other accounts update and my internet is working I have reset it through both computer and modem/router. what could be causing this and are others having the same issue?

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are you able to get updates/downloads into other Q accounts?
    What is  the exact wording  of the message that you're getting? Any error code?
    When yo do  TOOLS, Account List ... what shows in the "Transaction Download" column adjacent to each of those accounts?
    Which Q product,  and BUILD of that product are you running? Do HELP,  About Quicken for this info.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• RobbD
    RobbD Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have the subscription to Quicken Starter edition.
    I tried to be clear other accounts update fine.
    It's just those 3 I do have a screen shot of error https://prnt.sc/IgTIBo9C5wp3
  • RobbD
    RobbD Member ✭✭
    Options
    I also removed and added back just discover Card and can't get it to set up downloading of info.
  • RobbD
    RobbD Member ✭✭
    Options
    I can connect to the website in a browser and I did now try to download manually the discover Card and tried to add and get this message https://prnt.sc/TYV6bSQZ_oGr
  • RobbD
    RobbD Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have tried everything now I can think of.
    As far as I can tell it's something with Quicken.
    I don't want to have to phone but I will see if I can this week.
    I see now it goes back possibly as far as the beginning of June.
    Is there by chance an email contact for Quicken ?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    @robbd - If you are getting an OL-297-A error this link may have some troubleshooting tips that might help.

https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-ol-297

Otherwise, I recommend calling or chatting with Quicken Customer Support.  You seem reluctant to do so, but they would be better equipped to troubleshoot the multiple issues you have and analyze error logs. 
  • RobbD
    RobbD Member ✭✭
    Options
    I want to thank all who helped. I ended up downloading the full quicken.exe file install and ran that. It seems to have uninstalled and then install Quicken again. After that, I ran Quicken and only a few steps to recover my settings and data. And all works now. So possibly corrupt file(s) and or registry entries.

So now no need to chat or call their support. I hesitated on that cause I knew I would need time to work with them if it was via phone or online chat. I mainly thought it was happening to others but now I know it's not.
This discussion has been closed.