Quicken download

Options
PepperC
PepperC Unconfirmed, Member
I am the treasurer of a non-profit. Every year the position is up for grabs. I want to have a Quicken version that the next treasurer can use seamlessly. If I download the Business version on my computer this year, can the new treasurer download it again next year?

Best Answer

• Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @PepperC,
    If you purchase the Home and Business subscription then you can install Quicken on multiple computers easily at any time so long as the subscription is active. The only thing to keep in mind here is that each user would need the data file where all of the information is stored, as well as the Quicken login information. I would make sure the email and phone number associated with the acccount is one that can be accessed by the nonprofit for any future treasurer changes as well. I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Jade

Answers

• Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @PepperC,
    If you purchase the Home and Business subscription then you can install Quicken on multiple computers easily at any time so long as the subscription is active. The only thing to keep in mind here is that each user would need the data file where all of the information is stored, as well as the Quicken login information. I would make sure the email and phone number associated with the acccount is one that can be accessed by the nonprofit for any future treasurer changes as well. I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Jade
  • PepperC
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you!
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IMHO, it might be best if you used a separate computer for the non-profit Quicken data file, not your personal computer.
    Purchase and install Quicken on this separate computer using an email address used explicitly for the non-profit (not your personal email). This email address will become the "Quicken ID" used for product registration, subscription renewal and Quicken Community inquiries.
    This would make it possible to hand over the computer, the data file, the Quicken software and the Quicken ID and password all in one neat bundle to whoever replaces you as the next treasurer.
  • PepperC
    Options
    That makes perfect sense. Thx!
This discussion has been closed.