Charles Schwab Checking Account and Reconcile Issues

Options
System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Ongoing Schwab Issues.

Comments

• Gary Johnson
    Gary Johnson Member ✭✭
    Options
    Schwab checking does not download or reconcile transactions since version R41.19 Build 27.1.41.19. It was working for me prior to that.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Schwab checking does not download or reconcile transactions since version R41.19 Build 27.1.41.19. It was working for me prior to that.
    Hello @Gary Johnson

I apologize about these issues with online banking services. Thank you for bringing this matter before the Quicken Community.

First, are you making use of any Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), new firewall settings, pop-up blockers, or antivirus software? If so, it may be necessary to turn these off or remove them in order to troubleshoot this issue further, as this can cause connectivity issues that prevent transactions from downloading properly.

Also, where is your current active data file located, and in how many data files are you operating Charles Schwab accounts with online banking services? You can check the data file location anytime by navigating to File > Show this file on my computer in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Note that we strongly caution against connecting Charles Schwab accounts in more than one data file. 

I look forward to your response, and I hope to discuss this with you further. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Gary Johnson
    Gary Johnson Member ✭✭
    Options
    VPN is not active. There are no popup blockers that I'm aware of. Running Quicken in a Windows Virtual Machine under Mac OS. and have been for many years. File is located in \\Mac\Home\Documents\Quicken\QuickenData.

I have many banks and financial institutions in this and other Quicken files. All work fine except this one. This Quicken file has 9 financial institutions. All update fine except Schwab.

I tried Deactivating as well as Resetting the Schwab account but this did not solve the problem

Thanks,

Gary
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VPN is not active. There are no popup blockers that I'm aware of. Running Quicken in a Windows Virtual Machine under Mac OS. and have been for many years. File is located in \\Mac\Home\Documents\Quicken\QuickenData.

I have many banks and financial institutions in this and other Quicken files. All work fine except this one. This Quicken file has 9 financial institutions. All update fine except Schwab.

I tried Deactivating as well as Resetting the Schwab account but this did not solve the problem

Thanks,

Gary
    Hello @Gary Johnson,        

Thank you for getting back to me and letting me know more about what is happening. I do apologize that these issues are continuing. 

Provided that you are not receiving any error messages when attempting to update your accounts or download transactions (if there are, please let us know) it may benefit us greatly in our troubleshooting if you could navigate to Help > Report a problem in the upper menu at the top of the screen and submit program log files along with any available screenshots of the issue and a brief description of the problem. Keep in mind that these logs are purely for investigative purposes and you will not receive a response through the submissions themselves, although the information will be forwarded to the proper channels. I cannot provide an ETA on a resolution at the moment, although this matter will be investigated further.

Feel free to reach out with any other questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Gary Johnson
    Gary Johnson Member ✭✭
    Options
    Problem has changed a bit. It is still not downloading transactions but if I enter the manually, Quicken will report the balance and show my manually entered transactions as unreconciled. If I them check off those transactions, Quicken correctly reports that the account reconciled to a zero variance. There are still no error messages. I will wait until there are more transactions at Schwab that are not entered in my register and see if Quicken reconcile procedure recognizes that and downloads those missing register transactions. If it doesn't, I will try to capture the logs and screenshots your requested.
This discussion has been closed.