Express web connect issue not downloading transactions similar to the Wells Fargo issue

DGG47
DGG47 Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭
My Bank is ESSA Bank & Trust - The issue did clear up for a short while towards the end of June simultaneously with the report that the Wells Fargo matter was resolved, however, since early July, the problem has re-occurred on a continuing basis.
This issue is getting old.......The only way to overcome it is by manually going to the Bank's web site and downloading a qfx file of the date range I want.
I have been a loyal Quicken user for over 20+ years and have never experienced this issue in the past. Bank says this is not an issue on their end.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Quicken Mac Subscription Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    DGG47 said:
    My Bank is ESSA Bank & Trust - The issue did clear up for a short while towards the end of June simultaneously with the report that the Wells Fargo matter was resolved, however, since early July, the problem has re-occurred on a continuing basis.
    This issue is getting old.......The only way to overcome it is by manually going to the Bank's web site and downloading a qfx file of the date range I want.
    I have been a loyal Quicken user for over 20+ years and have never experienced this issue in the past. Bank says this is not an issue on their end.
    Hello @DGG47,  

I am sorry to hear about this issue with online banking services. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, I was hoping to obtain more details about the exact problems you are noticing. First, are you seeing any error codes when attempting to link or add accounts to online banking services, or download files via QFX? Also, how long has this issue been occurring?

I look forward to your response. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • DGG47
    This has been an issue since the early 2022...Several attempts by support to remedy the situation were not successful. I receive no error messages. It appears that the majority of transactions involving ACH TRANSACTIONS do not download at all . Transaction involving actual canceled checks do download. I finally gave up on Quicken support staff and just started following the Wells Fargo issue.
    Late June 2022, everything appeared to be corrected (then I received your message that the issue was resolved) and up until mid July, was not looking for the issue assuming it was corrected.
    After looking closer at the account on July 14th, I noticed that the ACH transactions were not being downloaded again since beginning of July. This is the only account I have that uses Express Web Connect.
    All my other accounts all download properly (using direct connect )
  • [Deleted User]
    edited July 2022
    @dgg47 - you keep referring to Wells Fargo.  As far as I know Wells Fargo has no issues, currently or past, that are related to, or have any similarity with, this issue with ESSA Bank & Trust.
  • DGG47
    There were a series of posts dating as far back as 2022.03.02 that I had....the issue was reported resolved on 2022.06.29. Unfortunately, when i attempt to open them, they no longer are posted
  • [Deleted User]
    edited July 2022
    @dgg47 - from what you describe, and the issues that I could find, there is nothing that would suggest any relationship or similarity in the issues between ESSA and Wells Fargo.

Do you have accounts with both ESSA and Wells Fargo?  What type of accounts?  Which ones are you still having issues with?
  • DGG47
    What I recall from the Wells Fargo Issue was that when doing a one step update, the process completes, but transactions are not downloading. I only have ESSA checking & savings...(not any Wells Fargo accounts) that are Express Web connected. Other accounts I track in Quicken are brokerage accounts and use Direct connect and are all working fine.

Also tried updating from settings tab in the specific account without any success, plus tried Reset and also the deactivate account features in the Account List without any luck.

Even tried setting up the ESSA checking account as a Test account with only the current year data. The initial download of data was complete, but after that initial download, no subsequent updates were downloading the ACH transactions. Also No error messages are reported after the update completes.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited July 2022
    @dgg47 thank you for the clarification.  The issue for WF was really for Wells Fargo Advisors, using Direct Connect, so not really the same.

Have you tried doing a validate or super validate (Hold Ctrl+Shift and then click "Validate and Repair File")?

After the validate completes, review the error log.  Most of the time, the errors are generic, and there is nothing you need to do, but sometimes there are instructions to fix an issue.

Also, have you tried downloading transactions from your online account with ESSA into Quicken?  Sometimes when this is done (Web Connect), it "reawakens" your One Step Updates (Express Web Connect).

I would also try deactivating and reactivating online services, with the following steps - 
    • For each account with ESSA, go to the Online Services tab and deactivate Online Services, then go to the General Tab and clear out the Financial Institution, Account Number, and any other online information.
    • After all accounts at ESSA have been deactivated and all online information is blank, then go to the Online Services tab for any of the ESSA accounts and then reactivate online services.
    • Go through the online setup process with "ESSA Bank & Trust" and make sure to link with the appropriate accounts in Quicken.
    The key here is to completely disconnect ALL accounts at ESSA before reconnecting.

• DGG47
    Thank you for your suggestions. I will give them a try and let you know the results.
This discussion has been closed.